Author Topic: Genesis 1:29  (Read 8644 times)

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Genesis 1:29
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:30:53 pm »
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

Sorry if i ask too many qns. I personally also like raw fish and eggs alot. But concerning above words which God said, He said food for us shall be plants and fruits which will sustain us in perfect health.
He didnt mention raw meat........

Any comments?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Genesis 1:29
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 12:41:34 pm »
    I doubt anyone here wants to be your priest.  I think that's one you're going to have to figure out for yourself.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:53:15 pm »
Does the Bible include recipes and ways of cooking in it?  Which method if cooking does God prefer?  Which animals were popular in the Bible?  Maybe you should eat more sheep?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 06:42:47 pm »
The Bible is a hotch-potch of varying stuff from different authors. As a result, via selective quotation from the Bible, you can make absolutely any view plausible. While Vegans have cited the Bible to prove their point, biblelife.org , a zero-carb website, has also pointed out other Biblical references stating that one should eat lots of meats and fat.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:48:36 am »
It's also said I believe that Jesus ate bread and honey or something for a while. Also fasted for 40 days in the desert. The Bible is pretty heavy on vegetarian type information, which is still slightly seen in Catholic abstinence from meat eating at certain times and semi-fasting. As well in the other big two religions, Judaism and Islam, there are rules about how to eat meat and when you shouldn't and they emphasize bread (their own culturally particular breads to be specific).

The bottom line for me is that I'm not interested in dietary advice from a plagiarized fairy tale with a more brutal history than Nazi Germany.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 07:59:09 am »
Well, to be honest, it's only the Old Testament which is truly nasty and evil, full of betrayal, mass slaughter etc.. The New Testament is a lot better re encouraging humanity etc. I should know as I was forced to read the entire Bible in primary school.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:56:39 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 09:00:21 am »
You might want to consider the region of the world where the books of the bible were written.  The Mesopotamia valley was where the grain revolution started.  It then migrated to Egypt along the fertil Nile.  There just wasn't enough animal population left in these areas to support the large human populations.

Much of recorded history is really about passing on tradions that seemed to support a culture's survival.

Lex

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 02:30:39 pm »
Thanks everyone for comments.

I went back to check the Bible and yes, in Genesis 9, God added meat to the human diet!

Genesis 9:3
"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things"

I personally believe all wisdom can be found in the Bible and yes, it indeed say that meat is allowed in human diet and even olive oil is also mentioned as the preferred oil. Amen.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 06:09:28 am »
Well, to be honest, it's only the Old Testament which is truly nasty and evil, full of betrayal, mass slaughter etc.. The New Testament is a lot better re encouraging humanity etc. I should know as I was forced to read the entire Bible in primary school.

I wasn't referring to the Bible's written words, but the history of the Bible itself that is brutal. The Bible in it's many incarnations was "spread" around the world by conquest and exploitation, all the while using a fairy tale to call things like genocide, ethnocide, murder, environmental destruction, etc. "good" or "educating heathens" or "breaking them of their heathen ways" etc. Among older Christian nations themselves it was used as a way for Kings and aristocracy to trick poor people into not revolting and just taking resources they needed while those who knew the Bible was bs were laughing all the way to the gold vault.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 07:55:01 am »
In the Cain and Abel story, the good brother was the Shepherd, the bad brother was the vegetable farmer.  Maybe eating more sheep gave you a more peaceful disposition?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 02:19:02 pm »
The Bible said that God created us to live in perfect health.

He has given us pure fruits, plants, herbs, animals which will be food for us.

Its sin that came in that corrupt the whole system. After sin and greed came in, diseases also came in and
"the fruit of all these sin is death".

Satya

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 09:41:21 pm »
I don't see how a quote from the Bible is part of the general discussion of the group any more than a quote from the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali or a post on the five precepts of Buddhism.  There is no one religion for raw paleo eaters, and some of us may prefer no religion at all.

But since it has come up, my take is that the writers of the various texts, which some people hold sacred or as literal truth, had sound economic reasons for the stories and commandments they made.  Think about the tithe.  The priests get 10% of the produce to offer to God.  The first and the best of the produce of the people.  But yet God created everything, so why does She need 10%.  The priests sure ate well.  Also, pigs were not suitable for the craggy land mentioned in the Bible; thus, pork is prohibited.  But goats and sheep, which are able to graze in these regions are eaten.  In Eastern religions a vegetarian diet is often the ideal, as is abstinence from sex.  Well, such diets are lacking in nutrients needed for sexual function, so it is no surprise to see this connection either.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:38 pm »
Vernon is a religious guy.
I know him personally.

Satya

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 10:00:27 pm »
Vernon is a religious guy.
I know him personally.

Oh, I guess.  It just seems a bit of topic.  But interesting nonetheless.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 06:13:54 am »
    It also says Jesus ate milk curd to know the difference between good and evil (like not eating cheese will make you spiritually stupid) and that Abraham served the angels meat with milk.  Abraham was the forefather of the Hebrews, and Jews forbid themselves eating meat with milk; because of what they read in the same bible.  Make yourself happy following everything.  Find yourself.

Thanks everyone for comments.

I went back to check the Bible and yes, in Genesis 9, God added meat to the human diet!

Genesis 9:3
"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things"

I personally believe all wisdom can be found in the Bible and yes, it indeed say that meat is allowed in human diet and even olive oil is also mentioned as the preferred oil. Amen.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 08:23:54 am »
It's from the God of the Hebrews, and applies to them.

There are better Gods. Seek and ye shall find.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk