Author Topic: New starter  (Read 4967 times)

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
New starter
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:10:21 am »
I am really considering this now, it's just getting past the mental block of thinking raw meat is deadly.

I have bad breath, dry skin, some acne, depression, thinning hair, white spots under fingernails, Massive constipation, lots of colds, brain fog, very sensitive to bright lights and what I think may be an issue with histamine.

So really asking if this raw diet might help me?

I just purchased 500g of diced beef from the butcher (he says it is grassfed) .. it is in the fridge so do I just get it out say tomorrow and eat half and then the other half the next day .. or does it need to be prepared etc.

Any help is much appreciated :) Much love from the United Kingdom.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: New starter
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:32:41 am »

Actually, it’s cooked, Neolithic, modern and processed foods which have probably destroyed your health. Suppressing them totally gives you the best chances to recover .

I just purchased 500g of diced beef from the butcher (he says it is grassfed) .. it is in the fridge so do I just get it out say tomorrow and eat half and then the other half the next day .. or does it need to be prepared etc.

It would be better whole and aged. But if you like it that fresh, no problem. You’ll need other raw paleo foods as well: a broad choice increases your ability to stick to 100% raw nutrition and your healing chances. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:17:40 am »
Thank you for the reply :) I have read many of your posts before signing up to this forum and they are very helpful.

I am definitely going to give this a go, my main concern though is that I feel I have leaky gut and worry raw meat might be too much for me to handle especially if parasites are present.

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 04:12:37 am »
cooked food is probably worse for leaky gut because it is attacked by your immune system while still in the gut and the leaks become worse. I would stop all grains and dairy and the leaky gut should start healing, but it takes about 3-6 months of no cheating for a full recovery. I wouldn't be so worried about parasites in meat. If eating meat was the only way to get them, then how did the vegetarian fed farm animals get them in the first place? They are everywhere and everyone has them. When you are ill, they proliferate, when you are healthy, they are kept in check. So figure out what you need to get healthy, and I'd say you found the best place to do just that.
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 04:41:12 am »
Welcome! I can personally say that YES, YES, YES, doing this is going to help you. I was incredibly ill my entire life - 20 years of living with chronic digestive problems and headaches, being very overweight, etc. etc. etc. all the "normal" stuff. Finally, I was tired of it. I took my health into my own hands because no doctor would even acknowledge my symptoms as a real concern. All I can say is that going paleo alone cured the majority of my problems. Going raw was even better. It would be like going from a 3.9 GPA to a 4.0. The 3.9 is amazing, brag-worthy, and something to be proud of. But 4.0 is just THAT MUCH better that you can look back at the 3.9 and be like "HAH! Just look at me now!"

Advice: Ditch the grains, seriously - they are absolutely horrific for you. Ditch anything that isn't in its purest state. Ditch anything that isn't fresh from the source, like in a box, bag, or can. Obviously there are some exceptions, but in general that's a good rule of thumb. Always ask yourself - can I eat this in its absolute raw state? No one is eating the wheat plant. They take the wheat and process it, only for it to still not be edible until you cook it somehow (boiling pasta, baking bread). But you can eat meat straight from the corpse and plants straight from the ground/bush/tree (most of them), and you will enjoy them. If it sounds disgusting in it's raw state (i.e. Raw kale is absolutely unappealing), then in general you can go without it. Dairy is the gray area - some people here will tell you that it's the devil. I think that it's something that you should avoid if it's not anything of interest, just because there are many reactions that can occur, and there's nothing in dairy that you can't get from better sources like meat/organs. If you absolutely can't live without it, then make sure you source raw, organic, full-fat dairy - heavy cream, kefir, butter. But at least while healing, I would highly suggest cutting it out completely.

If you're grossed out by the flavor, I've found this to be a good method - be hungry. When you're hungry, things generally taste better because your body is craving nutrients. If you just stuffed yourself with tons of food, even stuff that you like might not taste that great because, well, you aren't hungry! So being hungry is a good start. Then, just cut a small bite. I always tell myself 'at least one bite, just to taste it.' It won't be overwhelming, and at the worst you just spit it out or swallow it. I did this with my first organ meats and was surprised to love all of it.

When it comes to bacteria and parasites, two things to remember:
1. Parasites and bacteria are overhyped - you probably will NEVER get any type of sickness from consuming raw meat. If you do, that would be very bad luck. I've personally had salmonella and I'll tell you two things - it was from a FULLY cooked chicken, and it was a bad headache, stomach ache, and chills. I just went to bed and woke up completely normal. Not saying that salmonella can't kill you, but I hardly consider it something to fear. From what I've read, even E. coli generally just gives you bad runs for a couple of days, not the fatal disease that the media plays it out as.
2. Parasites and bacteria can be beneficial, or at the worst, neutral. There's a reason that fermented foods (full of bacteria) are considered health foods.

Also, I agree with what's been said above me - cooked foods are harder on the digestive system and immune system than raw foods. Again, you're going back to eating in the purest way possible. The most natural way possible. This will be extremely nourishing and healing for the body in all sorts of ways. My boyfriend is slowly healing his eczema by eating nothing but raw meat, fat, organs, and minimal fruit. We're finally seeing changes after about 3 weeks of being (back) 100% raw.

Good luck! And feel free to ask any questions - everyone here is incredibly helpful and welcoming. :)
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:34:41 pm »
Welcome! I can personally say that YES, YES, YES, doing this is going to help you. I was incredibly ill my entire life - 20 years of living with chronic digestive problems and headaches, being very overweight, etc. etc. etc. all the "normal" stuff. Finally, I was tired of it. I took my health into my own hands because no doctor would even acknowledge my symptoms as a real concern. All I can say is that going paleo alone cured the majority of my problems. Going raw was even better. It would be like going from a 3.9 GPA to a 4.0. The 3.9 is amazing, brag-worthy, and something to be proud of. But 4.0 is just THAT MUCH better that you can look back at the 3.9 and be like "HAH! Just look at me now!"

Advice: Ditch the grains, seriously - they are absolutely horrific for you. Ditch anything that isn't in its purest state. Ditch anything that isn't fresh from the source, like in a box, bag, or can. Obviously there are some exceptions, but in general that's a good rule of thumb. Always ask yourself - can I eat this in its absolute raw state? No one is eating the wheat plant. They take the wheat and process it, only for it to still not be edible until you cook it somehow (boiling pasta, baking bread). But you can eat meat straight from the corpse and plants straight from the ground/bush/tree (most of them), and you will enjoy them. If it sounds disgusting in it's raw state (i.e. Raw kale is absolutely unappealing), then in general you can go without it. Dairy is the gray area - some people here will tell you that it's the devil. I think that it's something that you should avoid if it's not anything of interest, just because there are many reactions that can occur, and there's nothing in dairy that you can't get from better sources like meat/organs. If you absolutely can't live without it, then make sure you source raw, organic, full-fat dairy - heavy cream, kefir, butter. But at least while healing, I would highly suggest cutting it out completely.

If you're grossed out by the flavor, I've found this to be a good method - be hungry. When you're hungry, things generally taste better because your body is craving nutrients. If you just stuffed yourself with tons of food, even stuff that you like might not taste that great because, well, you aren't hungry! So being hungry is a good start. Then, just cut a small bite. I always tell myself 'at least one bite, just to taste it.' It won't be overwhelming, and at the worst you just spit it out or swallow it. I did this with my first organ meats and was surprised to love all of it.

When it comes to bacteria and parasites, two things to remember:
1. Parasites and bacteria are overhyped - you probably will NEVER get any type of sickness from consuming raw meat. If you do, that would be very bad luck. I've personally had salmonella and I'll tell you two things - it was from a FULLY cooked chicken, and it was a bad headache, stomach ache, and chills. I just went to bed and woke up completely normal. Not saying that salmonella can't kill you, but I hardly consider it something to fear. From what I've read, even E. coli generally just gives you bad runs for a couple of days, not the fatal disease that the media plays it out as.
2. Parasites and bacteria can be beneficial, or at the worst, neutral. There's a reason that fermented foods (full of bacteria) are considered health foods.

Also, I agree with what's been said above me - cooked foods are harder on the digestive system and immune system than raw foods. Again, you're going back to eating in the purest way possible. The most natural way possible. This will be extremely nourishing and healing for the body in all sorts of ways. My boyfriend is slowly healing his eczema by eating nothing but raw meat, fat, organs, and minimal fruit. We're finally seeing changes after about 3 weeks of being (back) 100% raw.

Good luck! And feel free to ask any questions - everyone here is incredibly helpful and welcoming. :)

This is an incredibly welcoming and helpful post, I have put a lot of my fears to bed after reading that. Thank you very much.

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »
cooked food is probably worse for leaky gut because it is attacked by your immune system while still in the gut and the leaks become worse. I would stop all grains and dairy and the leaky gut should start healing, but it takes about 3-6 months of no cheating for a full recovery. I wouldn't be so worried about parasites in meat. If eating meat was the only way to get them, then how did the vegetarian fed farm animals get them in the first place? They are everywhere and everyone has them. When you are ill, they proliferate, when you are healthy, they are kept in check. So figure out what you need to get healthy, and I'd say you found the best place to do just that.

I have been doing standard cooked paleo for a while but have never really felt much better . so this is the next step. Thank you for your help :)

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 06:26:21 pm »
This is an incredibly welcoming and helpful post, I have put a lot of my fears to bed after reading that. Thank you very much.

I'm so glad to hear it! Don't feel bad about being nervous or squeemish when first getting into raw foods (especially organs if you're like most and never ate them, even cooked). :)
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:41:37 pm »
I would ease into it really.  Here is the way.  raw fruits are easy.  don't feel obliged to eat all the fiber either.  Juicing can be helpful.  Plant fats are great.  avocados, olives, coconut, etc.  Raw eggs are pretty easy.  Bone marrow is a great fat.  Try to focus on clean eating before anything else, and don't neglect exercise, rest, mental/emotional and spiritual factors either.

-JOE

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 12:01:22 am »
I am really considering this now, it's just getting past the mental block of thinking raw meat is deadly.

I have bad breath, dry skin, some acne, depression, thinning hair, white spots under fingernails, Massive constipation, lots of colds, brain fog, very sensitive to bright lights and what I think may be an issue with histamine.

Any help is much appreciated :) Much love from the United Kingdom.

30 ml of castor oil will help with initially cleaning out your constipation.

Yes, raw paleo diet will help you.

raw meat is just a part of the diet.

raw paleo diet for me is omnivore.  many wonderful satisfying things to eat available.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 10:54:51 pm »
30 ml of castor oil will help with initially cleaning out your constipation.

Yes, raw paleo diet will help you.

raw meat is just a part of the diet.

raw paleo diet for me is omnivore.  many wonderful satisfying things to eat available.

I am currently taking L-Glutamine for the potential healing of leaky gut and have been for over a month .. I feel better with it but hear many people say that it is constipating

Offline jameweights

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »
I would ease into it really.  Here is the way.  raw fruits are easy.  don't feel obliged to eat all the fiber either.  Juicing can be helpful.  Plant fats are great.  avocados, olives, coconut, etc.  Raw eggs are pretty easy.  Bone marrow is a great fat.  Try to focus on clean eating before anything else, and don't neglect exercise, rest, mental/emotional and spiritual factors either.

-JOE

Thank you for the advice :) I do have an issue with histamine so avocados are definitely a no-no .. But the mental/emotional and spiritual factors part is a very unique thing to say, I will definitely look into that and would definitely appreciate some expansion on that as it is interests me greatly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk