Author Topic: Body pH  (Read 2601 times)

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Body pH
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:44:53 am »
I stumbled onto it and... haven't noticed anyone speak of it. Today read about it first time in my life.
Foods certainly have different pH levels. Could explain why sometimes some foods don't want to go down, or vice versa, even when the item either has something in it you need or not. That some "cravings/wants" and good tastes have nothing to do with nutrients in them but instead the pH level.
What I read says pH level plays a role in metabolism. That you can eat as healthy foods as you want, but if your pH is off the nutrients won't be as bioavailable. Could be a cause for some health problems that don't seem to go away, because pH is not addressed.
Another aspect of health to consider. Especially for beginners.
Between 7 and 8 is supposedly the right range of pH.

Meats are acidic, minerals are alkaline. Could explain why ZCers seem to need more minerals for optimal health. Greens are alkaline (carnivores tend to munch on greens from time to time).

It seems sort of similar with "Schumann" resonance. The first astronauts got sick in orbit not having Schumann resonance up there... they equipped all manned vessels with a Schumann resonator - fixed the problem. Speaks how important it is. Down on earth, now, there's wifi, cell phones, towers, etc., getting in the way of and overpowering the Earth's natural frequency aka Schumann resonance. (Those really do affect people... got wifi straight through my head for months... Eventually I began having this urge to get away when sitting in front of the computer. Then the headaches came. Thought it was low magnesium, extra magnesium made it a little better for several days. Then got rid of wifi and voila! The urge to get away is gone, but now have to heal from direct wifi damage... energy weapons... eh, in my home... killing me. An experiment was done with plankton once; wifi, and similar, killed them eventually.)

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Body pH
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:51:04 am »
The blood acidity vs alkaline thing is just a myth.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »
The blood acidity vs alkaline thing is just a myth.
  Exactly. The body rigidly keeps its blood PH value within a 0.1 of a degree range. if it goes beyond that range, the body simply dies.So the PH value of food does not affect the body in any meanginful way. Though I vaguely recall that urine PH might be affected, but that is it.

The Hay Diet(80% raw vegetables and fruit/20% cooked animal foods) was an attempt to follow this PH value nonsense. I tried it for a couple of years and it was a waste of time, other than confirming for me that cooked animal foods were a problem for me.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:35:44 pm »
Though I vaguely recall that urine PH might be affected, but that is it.

This is probably true because I know that people often complain that when switching their dogs to a species appropriate diet, the urine "burns" and ruins their backyard grass. So, I imagine it's more acidic. But it's the urine and nothing more.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:28:31 pm »
I agree, once you produce stomach acid, the ph of your food is no longer relevant. It just becomes whatever your body wants it at for digestion. All this about alkaline foods is just another ploy to get people to eat more plants and less meat. Carnivores ususally munch on greens when they have eaten too much or eaten something that does not agree with them. The phytotoxins in the leaves help them to throw up. When I see my dog going at the leaves in the garden I go and get the paper towels ready and keep him away from the carpets because I know its coming.
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk