Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3827 times)

Offline LvB

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:39:39 pm »
Hi
I'm new to Raw Paleo, though I've sort of known what it's about for a while.

I've tried some different diets, lacto-ovo vegetarian, vegan, Warrior Diet, and the more and more I read about the Raw Paleo diet, the more it makes sense. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to start trying it for real, but I'm seriously interested and I want to learn more before starting. I've read about the benifits, and about traditional cultures living long happy healthy lives on mostly raw animal foods. Currently I'm living with my family, and I'm pretty sure they'd have a bad reaction to raw meat eating, due to giving into fear of bacterial infections. I just don't see why people should fall for that when there's perfectly good evidence of people doing great on raw meat. I've always sort of craved raw meat since I was a kid, it just looked more appetizing to me that way.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:05:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

It might be an idea to have a look at the child board topics on the general discussions forum.

In the meantime, while it may not be practical for you to go rawpalaeo right now, I'm sure you could compromise by going cooked palaeo with grassfed meat(cooked rare). And, of course, avoid ready meals and any foods adulterated with chemicals/preservatives, if possible.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:56:11 am »
Hi
I'm new to Raw Paleo, though I've sort of known what it's about for a while.

I've tried some different diets, lacto-ovo vegetarian, vegan, Warrior Diet, and the more and more I read about the Raw Paleo diet, the more it makes sense. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to start trying it for real, but I'm seriously interested and I want to learn more before starting. I've read about the benifits, and about traditional cultures living long happy healthy lives on mostly raw animal foods. Currently I'm living with my family, and I'm pretty sure they'd have a bad reaction to raw meat eating, due to giving into fear of bacterial infections. I just don't see why people should fall for that when there's perfectly good evidence of people doing great on raw meat. I've always sort of craved raw meat since I was a kid, it just looked more appetizing to me that way.

Hi.  I too prepare meals for others.  You might try sashimi, steak tartare, ceviche and/or carpaccio with your family, as these are culinary favorites that many people find "normal."  Or start out like Tyler suggests, making rare steaks or roasts.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:55:35 am »
Greetings. Not many people can jump right into this diet so don't feel bad. In fact I've never heard of anyone going completely raw paleo overnight, it's almost always a gradual change, and most people (including me so far) never go 100% raw paleo but keep some cheat foods like cooked paleo foods or some raw dairy in their diet from time to time.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 08:19:39 pm »
Actually, I and quite a number of people go 100% rawpalaeo overnight. I did it that way because I was sure I wouldn't otherwise be able to sustain the diet if I kept one eating favourite cooked foods along with the raw meats. I wanted the taste-change to occur at a faster rate.

In the early years, I ate 1 meal after the 3rd week of going rawpalaeo, then ate 1 minor cooked meal or two every year for the first 2 years or so. In the 3rd year, I experimented with some heated suet, croissants. After that, I had the occasional cooked meal every 4 weeks or so, but it's usually sushi(raw fish with cooked rice).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:04:19 am »
I guess I shouldn't have spoken for everyone. Perhaps I should say that there are generally two types of people going to the diet, ones who are desperately failing in health, and those interested in increasing their health but are considered reasonably healthy by today's standards. It's the second group, to which I belong and to which I think there are more potential converts, that don't often go cold turkey.

Satya

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 02:22:52 am »
One thing I really like about this forum is that there is no one head haunch.  It is way more of a collective effort than any one person's dictates, as on some forums (which I shall leave nameless).  It must be the rpd that keeps people more even keeled in terms of ego.  I dunno, but I really like the feel of this forum better than when there is one dominant head figure guru kinda guy or gal.  THANKS!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk