Author Topic: Boy Discovered In Malaysia That Was Raised By Orangutans - In Perfect Health  (Read 5583 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/50788/20140401/boy-raised-by-apes-rescued-in-malaysia.htm

http://dailybuzzlive.com/archives/7334

The child who authorities believe is somewhere around the age of four to seven years old, has spent the last few years with a group of orangutans who had taken him in and raised him as one of their own. Authorities say that the boy is, “extremely nervous and aggressive when approached by humans and that made his capture quite complicated, especially since the other orangutans attempted vigorously to defend him.” Yeah having an army of orangutans protecting the kid would probably be a real problem to get around. The child, since his capture, has been examined by local doctors and is in perfect health. However, it seems as though he doesn’t remember any type of human interaction. Hopefully the boy will transition well back into society, but who knows. The very interesting thing that authorities still don’t know is how the boy actually lost his parents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangutan

Diet
Orangutans are opportunistic foragers, and their diets vary markedly from month to month.[29] Fruit makes up 65–90% of the orangutan diet, and those with sugary or fatty pulp are favoured. Ficus fruits are commonly eaten and are easy to harvest and digest. Lowland dipterocarp forests are preferred by orangutans because of their plentiful fruit. Bornean orangutans consume at least 317 different food items that include young leaves, shoots, bark, insects, honey and bird eggs.[19][29]

A decade-long study of urine and faecal samples at the Gunung Palung Orangutan Conservation Project in West Kalimantan has shown that orangutans give birth during and after the high fruit season (though not every year), during which they consume various abundant fruits, totalling up to 11,000 calories per day. In the low-fruit season, they eat whatever fruit is available in addition to tree bark and leaves, with daily intake at only 2,000 calories. Together with a long lactation period, orangutans also have a long birth interval.[30]

Orangutans are thought to be the sole fruit disperser for some plant species including the climber species Strychnos ignatii which contains the toxic alkaloid strychnine.[31] It does not appear to have any effect on orangutans except for excessive saliva production.[32]

Geophagy, the practice of eating soil or rock, has been observed in orangutans. There are three main reasons for this dietary behaviour: for the addition of mineral nutrients to their diet; for the ingestion of clay minerals that can absorb toxic substances; or to treat a disorder such as diarrhoea.[33] Orangutans also use plants of the genus Commelina as an anti-inflammatory balm.[34]

http://www.orangutanrepublik.org/faqs-mainmenu-28/20-about-orangutans/61-what-do-wild-orangutans-eat

What Do Wild Orangutans Eat?

Because over 60% of their diet is fruit (based on averaging thousands of observations), they are considered frugivores; however, orangutans also will eat young leaves (approximately 25% of their diet), flowers and bark (approximately 10%) and insects, mainly ants, termites, pupae, and crickets (approximately 5%). Wild orangutans are selective but opportunistic so if there is an emergency of tasty and nutritious insects, they may feed all day on them. Likewise, if fruit and insects are unavailable, they may eat bark, leaves and foods of lower nutritional value to satisfy their hunger. Wild orangutans learn to eat hundreds of different food types as youngsters by observing their mother and being allowed to take food from their mother's mouth or hands.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:54:26 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
What a cute kid. That's amazing. The real disturbing part to me is that we have this need to capture and remove him from the wild. Seeing as he was completely healthy, I just feel like it would've been better to let him stay with his family (the orangutans).
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
They are going to ruin that kid with cooked food.

Too bad he couldnt be adopted by a family of raw paleos, since he is already adapted to the diet.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
we need to find a Malaysian raw paleo diet practitioner.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
What a cute kid. That's amazing. The real disturbing part to me is that we have this need to capture and remove him from the wild. Seeing as he was completely healthy, I just feel like it would've been better to let him stay with his family (the orangutans).

You understand, he's not an animal, right? Apes/Chimps are known for the care of their young (Homo Sapiens tops all other mammals in infanticide), but ... as he grows he will become competition whether he knows that or not and an ape will destroy a human. Even Chimps are amazingly strong... 10x the strength of a an average human.

Offline colorles

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
you woulnd't favor this human in tribal competition with a bunch of orangutans? as a human he is smarter, and has better hunting instincts. he would likely become a tribal leader, or desert and live on his own

about his diet, it doesn't surprise me that a malay child could do so well on such a high fruit diet, given it is the environment the malay people have adapted too. bugs as well are good filling food when they are plentiful; key word, plentiful. and just like with fruits, in the tropics such foods are plentiful. much snacking, probably almost constantly throughout the day. much different than the eating habits/lifestyle of the humans adapted to more temperate/northern climates...but thats always something we have to keep in mind with diet, ie the adaptability of humanity to various climates, as we can all see in the various human races

these cases are always interesting though, humans being raised by different species. usually either by some sort of tribal primate species, or wolves. there are alot of hoaxes with this stuff as well...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk