Author Topic: Industrial hemp  (Read 4455 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Industrial hemp
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:34:57 am »
 http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/23/hemp-seeds-delivered/9491181/

It seems like the intial phase of reintroducing indusrial hemp to kentucky is underway.

As a pro hemp activist I would like to go even further and start growing hemp in my own garden and sharing the plants with others who support the industrial hemp movement.                                                                                                                                                                   
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Industrial hemp
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:34:52 pm »
The best thing about hemp is it's use as cover crop. It can be used to absolutely obliterate invasive species and builds soil while breaking up hard soil like no other.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:09:25 pm »
And then can you plow it under without it coming up again as a 'weed' (excuse the pun) to then plant other crops?   I have thought about growing it for my goats and to juice for myself.  Anyone done the juicing thing with it, and I'm speaking of the varieties with low thc?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:30:59 am »

Anyone done the juicing thing with it, and I'm speaking of the varieties with low THC?

No but my girlfriend owns a juice bar and we would love to have a source of fresh hemp seeds and leaves. The question is where to get hemp seeds that have not been cooked. The damn embargo would mean I would have to smuggle them in and grow it illegally, which I am more than willing to do (as an act of civil disobedience) so the question is, how to get some certified hemp seeds, so that I can spread them all over (in the Spirit of Johnny Apple seed.)
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 04:16:58 pm »
I've been eating organic hemp seeds from time to time. So about a week and half ago I wondered, would they sprout? So I put about 8 seeds into 3 old 5 liter ice-cream boxes where parsley and an onion are growing. I didn't really expect they would sprout...
So now I've got some hemp growing.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 11:44:26 pm »
in the united states all hemp seeds have to be denatured somehow to avoid sprouting.  so if they are raw they have to be hulled and crushed.  i do believe the laws are changing in oregon to allow for the growth of industrial hemp, i think its also legal in colorado. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk