Author Topic: More interference from pro-halal campaigners  (Read 5038 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: More interference from pro-halal campaigners
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:42:12 am »
You eat raw animals, I don't see why this should be a big deal. If you went Paleo enough Halal/Kosher (same thing pretty much) looks amazingly civilized in comparison.

I think it's amusing when different meat eaters argue on how the meat should be killed, the point is, it's killed. Regardless of how it was killed.

It's sort of like lessening murder sentences if a gun rather than a knife was used.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:05 pm »
You eat raw animals, I don't see why this should be a big deal. If you went Paleo enough Halal/Kosher (same thing pretty much) looks amazingly civilized in comparison.

I think it's amusing when different meat eaters argue on how the meat should be killed, the point is, it's killed. Regardless of how it was killed.

It's sort of like lessening murder sentences if a gun rather than a knife was used.
It is a big deal, actually.  Now that we are civilised, it is up to us to make death as easy as possible for animals. Besides, reportedly,  a long, violent death, such as with kosher/halal,  makes animals release lots of adrenaline which apparently makes the meat-flavour less appealing.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:30:38 am »
It is a big deal, actually.  Now that we are civilised, it is up to us to make death as easy as possible for animals. Besides, reportedly,  a long, violent death, such as with kosher/halal,  makes animals release lots of adrenaline which apparently makes the meat-flavour less appealing.

Killing is killing; pretending like one method is that much different from the other is pointless in my opinion. Forget they`re killed at the end of their lives for a minute... most animals raised for food live a life of torture, the conditions are disgusting and the way they are treated is barbaric (death is probably a relief tbh).

But let`s get on our moral high horses because we shove a metal bolt into the head rather than slice the throat.

Hooray for us!

Sells papers like hot-cakes though.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 05:31:23 am »
Again, you have missed the point. Many domestic animals are raised peacefully in conditions of luxury compared to the wild. I am thinking of course of organic/grassfed animals, in this regard, as these routinely feed outdoors and have extensive ranges etc., plus get regular feed even in winter via silage. I  myself eat raw wild game  which have led wonderful, free lives  until they were suddenly and quickly and mercifully  killed by a bullet in the head. Slicing the throat, by contrast, is a nasty slow death. If you were to be executed, would you prefer a quick death  to  a slow one? I rather think so.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Cristaraw

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:52 pm »
Again, you have missed the point. Many domestic animals are raised peacefully in conditions of luxury compared to the wild. I am thinking of course of organic/grassfed animals, in this regard, as these routinely feed outdoors and have extensive ranges etc., plus get regular feed even in winter via silage. I  myself eat raw wild game  which have led wonderful, free lives  until they were suddenly and quickly and mercifully  killed by a bullet in the head. Slicing the throat, by contrast, is a nasty slow death. If you were to be executed, would you prefer a quick death  to  a slow one? I rather think so.

You completely dodged the point. Is the life of a farm animal a good life (in general, I am certain there are a few farms that treat their products well)?

Your Disney description of farm life is funny. Let's face it. They're slaves. They live until we decide to kill them, their life is about what we taste on our tongues nothing more.

Fast / slow - seems pretty simplistic, no? I'd prefer living above all else.

Nature, btw, prefers slow death. That's why it's so fond of crippling disease and age.

Again, hooray for us.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 03:27:21 pm »
Actually, in the ancient world when slavery was rampant, it was customary to treat slaves extremely well,. as long as they behaved. The reason for this was that they were perceived as being "property" and one does not damage a piece of property one owns for fear of it losing its value. At any rate,  there are farms where animals are treated well. They admittedly do not get the right to roam too far, but, on the other hand, they are less likely to be savagely killed by predators' claws, nor will they suffer from thirst or starvation as much as they would do in the wild, and so on.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Cristaraw

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 02:42:11 am »
Actually, in the ancient world when slavery was rampant, it was customary to treat slaves extremely well,. as long as they behaved. The reason for this was that they were perceived as being "property" and one does not damage a piece of property one owns for fear of it losing its value. At any rate,  there are farms where animals are treated well. They admittedly do not get the right to roam too far, but, on the other hand, they are less likely to be savagely killed by predators' claws, nor will they suffer from thirst or starvation as much as they would do in the wild, and so on.

Anyways the debate on how animals spend their last seconds or minutes on this planet is a smoke-screen for the old debate - How animals who live for years are treated, that's the real fight.

Animals that give their lives to keep us alive deserve respect.

Not all farms are the same and some farmers treat their animals very well, but, there are still many farms that are ... sickening.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 04:32:20 am »
knowing this, we can vote and help make a difference by only buying grass fed.   I doubt very seriously my goats on ninety acres feel like slaves.  But they do feel pain, and when you care for them, you feel it too.  And that may be the real difference.  Small farmers in the past raised their own animals, they even grew to care and love them, and made sure they died quick deaths at the time of slaughter.  Watch any of the industry raised animal videos and you'll quickly understand that at the root of all harm is simply the absence of caring.   Support small grass fed ranchers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk