Author Topic: Dr. Eades on Paleo Diet Study  (Read 5550 times)

Satya

Dr. Eades on Paleo Diet Study
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:31:22 am »
He advocates - more than once in the piece and comment responses - an all meat diet.  Not raw, mind you, but from his last trip to Mexico showed pix of salmon carpaccio, ceviche and the like.  He has shown other raw animal foods on his blog in the past as well.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/rapid-health-improvements-with-a-paleolithic-diet/

Nice cave painting and skull too.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Eades on Paleo Diet Study
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 02:55:30 pm »
great article and an even better profile picture ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:05:24 pm »
Remember who you really are... you are human... you were meant to eat meat, fruits and a few vegetables...
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Satya

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 05:24:03 am »
great article and an even better profile picture ;)

If you like that ... check out lunatic, dominant male Kato Kitty (in the avatar) attacking a pretty serious guard dog (who has to put up with this shit indoors).  She is, at least well-trained or Kato would be headless by now.  Daphne is smart enough to only bark at vehicles/people who don't live on our dead end road.  And to keep this on topic, both are raw fed.  Kato has actually calmed down since going raw.  Daphne has lost weight and looks better.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:18:57 am »
hes a hansom devil >D
have you read "potengers cats"? its a pretty neat study on the effects of a raw meat diet on cats.

Satya

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:27:32 am »
hes a hansom devil >D
have you read "potengers cats"? its a pretty neat study on the effects of a raw meat diet on cats.

He is a sweetie!  He has kind of a schnauz for a cat - I'll have to get a profile up there some time.

I never did read Pottenger all the way through.  I'll have to pick it up sometime.

Just irks me to read stuff like this on the wikipedia entry for Francis Pottenger, Jr.
At the time of Pottenger's Study the amino acid taurine had been discovered but had not yet been identified as an essential amino acid for Cats. Today many cats thrive on a cooked meat diet where taurine has been added after cooking. The deficient diets lacked sufficient taurine to allow the cat's to properly form protein structures and resulted in the health effects observed. Pottenger himself concluded that there was likely an "as yet unknown" protein factor that may have been heat sensitive.

Oh, so they thrive eating a diet of cooked food with taurine added after cooking.  Real natural diet, yeah right. -v

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 04:27:24 pm »
i cant help but feel like a lot of "experts" are pitching a product.generally of the pharmacutical breed.maybe im crazy?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:08:19 pm »
i cant help but feel like a lot of "experts" are pitching a product.generally of the pharmacutical breed.maybe im crazy?

You are only picked as the expert of a company if your paradigm fits their business paradigm.  Follow the money.  Maybe in the future when humans are free of the bondage of money we can all concentrate on the truth of things and what is truly best.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 03:28:33 pm »
You are only picked as the expert of a company if your paradigm fits their business paradigm.  Follow the money.  Maybe in the future when humans are free of the bondage of money we can all concentrate on the truth of things and what is truly best.
i couldnt agree more sir, just hope we get there as a whole...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk