Author Topic: gaining weight, circulation and saturated fat  (Read 5769 times)

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
gaining weight, circulation and saturated fat
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »
Hi everyone,

it's a long time since I was here. I was ill, stopped paleo because I thought it was the reason,  tried loads of different diet ideas again like the ph diet, whole grain diet, cooked a lot tried fruitarianism, juicing etc. I lost a lot of weight on my way (and all my muscles), was totally emaciated. 36 kg for 1.65 m.
I couldn't gain the weight back till a friend of mine (Löwenherz :)) brought me back to paleo and showed me how to eat for weight gain. I started eating 1 to one and a half kg of hyper fatty meet (mostly beef), ca 200 g of fatty fish, with perhaps 200 to 300 g of butter with some egg yolks, raw goat cheese and  gelatin every day, took loads of digestive enzymes and probiotiques and glutamie, and 100 to 200 g of freshly made coconut cream. Almost no veggies and fruits, but a bit of green juice, some avocados. I gained almost 8 kg in 3 weeks but after it my belly hurted and felt very inflamed and I was totally tired (but soooo greatfull that I  looked like a human being again) .
Since then I calmed down, stopped the dairy because it gave me stomach inflammation, just take raw butter sometimes.
I still eat a lot of meat, some organs and a lot of fat. Yesterday night a blood vessel in my eye crashed. Also I get spiderveins again, the same problem I had when I first tried raw paleo. I would like to know the cause because I feel so good and strong with my new diet and don't want to dump everything again.
My thoughts about it are:
- it could be that I eat to much of this incredible saturated fat, this very chalky and dry beef and lamb fat witch sticks to the teet and tonge?
-could be that I eat to much red meet?
- not enough veggies?
-my body is to acidic with all that meat?
sometimes after I eat I take some peace of fatty meat with lots of collagen and fat on it and I chew on it for hours to calm me down (before I was a bit chewing gum addicted)
Perhaps this is not good because with that I have a constant supply of fat, proteins, collagen even after I eat?
This very hard beef fat I eat, a lot of people say that it is not good for health. It is so dense and sticky, I don't now if it is very digestable or digestable at all. Butter feels a lot softer in my mouth, but I don't now if it is better for digestion and health. Perhaps I will do more coconut now as I'm not so much under this weight gaining pressure any more (I never managed gaining weight with coconut a my staple fat)
But I still have so much of this hard beef fat in my fridge and it is so easy to get loads of it.
What are your experiences with hard beef fat?
Is there a way to make it more digestible? As an example mixing it with lecithin or ACV or berries or egg yolk or sauerkraut?
What could be the reason that my bloodvessels burst?
What can I do to prevent further damage, are there supplements to take.
Should I make more veggies, salads, green juices, teas?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: gaining weight, circulation and saturated fat
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »
Not enough vitamin c?
In my country we have guavas and papayas for vitamin c.

high blood pressure due to overloaded kidneys?
Maybe you need to do intermittent fasting and some kidney cleansing?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »
Hi GS

good to talk with you again :)
I take vit C almost all day, in the form of Sodium Ascorbate or Hypo-Aller C, what kind of Vit C would you recommend.
High blood pressure, I don't know, before this experience my blood pressure was very low?
Intermittent fasting, does not feel right to me because my adrenals are totally exhausted and this could cause even more stress.
Also intermittent fasting, eating less, skipping meals always meant weight loss for me and I really really don't want to loose any of my hard gained body mass.
How do I know that my kidneys are overloaded and how can I cleanse them?
How much meat, fish protein would be to much for a woman like me?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:36:22 pm »
As I said... not enough vitamin C... the REAL vitamin C in raw paleo diet form.

In my country we have Guavas and Papayas for REAL vitamin c.

Maybe you should get REAL vitamin C in raw paleo diet food form.

I usually eat guavas or papayas with a raw egg yolk for high vitamin c absorption.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 11:14:12 pm »
Intermittent fasting, does not feel right to me because my adrenals are totally exhausted and this could cause even more stress.
Also intermittent fasting, eating less, skipping meals always meant weight loss for me and I really really don't want to loose any of my hard gained body mass.

Hi, littleElefant! Intermittent fasting can be done with various intervals, for example fasting on alternate days or fasting one day per week, but the IF that I like is eating daily within a 6- or 8- hour window. So, if you start with "breakfast" at 10 am, your last meal would end at 6 pm. I do IF to help reinforce my daily cycle (circadian rhythm). I have read that this type of IF is good for the hormones and immune system. I think that having a resting no-food period that coincides with the light/dark cycle is more natural, and the benefits are very subtle.

Calorie restriction (CR) is different from IF. Of course, you are right that eating less is not indicated in your situation.

I have had only short-term benefit from severe carb restriction. Recently, I have begun including foods that supply resistant starch - these foods are ones that contain digestible carbohydrates, too. Unless you are doing extreme workouts, you might be eating too much protein for the long run, even if you are eating plenty of fat... but I'm not the expert on this topic, just another experimenter.

I suggest you make changes s-l-o-w-l-y! Give your body time to adjust so that all its little workings can keep up with the experiments.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 11:24:52 pm »
I am not one for overeating to gain weight.   Better to eat the foods you really enjoy and add in exercise.   Eating almost 2 kg of meat, is in my opinion an overload of protein to your system, which is toxic and detrimental in the long run. Especially when combined with all the other sources of protein you mention.  I rely on truly ripened lemons for my Vit c.  and seem to do well one one a day.   I also chew on seasonal greens and often spit out some of the pulp after taking the juice.   I don't care for at all the chalky type fat, and completely stick to bone marrow and soft back fat.  I also chew on seaweeds a couple of times a day.     But again, force feeding and not listening to you internal tastes will bring on problems.    Moderation is key, and is why I wouldn't recommend fasting now,, as it will just be the other swing of a pendulum.  Let your body guide you with the appropriate foods and try to meddle as little as possible with ideas about how to take this or that to digest better etc.   I do enjoy raw pancreas though.  I eat an ounce or two every day when I can get it.  It's very good at aiding digestion.   Hang fresh livers from inside your fridge and after a week or so, it's delicious and also will aid in building. 

Offline colorles

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 01:00:32 am »
internet connection does it again and nukes my post...but to sum it up:

-get some quality exercise, ideally cross training. don't over do it, but some good exercise when combined with some good food, helps put on some good weight (its the natural way, considering that in the wild to acquire meat, you would have to hunt it over rough terrain)

-don't be afraid of natural carbs, in season. wild berries are great this time of year, and autumn fruit season is a great time to put on some weight, eat a bunch of good autumn fruits combined with good stabilizing amounts of meat. perfect time of year to gain some good weight before the winter

its all about finding your balance between exercise and food combinations (for instance you may not want to eat at all until you exercise, then you will want alot of meat. or say you are taking a casual summer or autunm walk, you may feel like more berries or tree fruits), in accordance to your body and the seasons. its important if you are trying to gain some good weight and eventually find a good healthy range of weight, to eat in natural accordance to your activity and being; your body doesn't care for a strict charted meal plan, as long as you are eating good hearty and natural foods, in accordance to your lifestyle, you should come out of it the better

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 01:01:31 am »
My fault, I was upgrading this virtual machine from 1 cpu to 4 cpus.

Offline Cristaraw

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 01:01:59 pm »
Hi everyone,

it's a long time since I was here. I was ill, stopped paleo because I thought it was the reason,  tried loads of different diet ideas again like the ph diet, whole grain diet, cooked a lot tried fruitarianism, juicing etc. I lost a lot of weight on my way (and all my muscles), was totally emaciated. 36 kg for 1.65 m.
I couldn't gain the weight back till a friend of mine (Löwenherz :)) brought me back to paleo and showed me how to eat for weight gain. I started eating 1 to one and a half kg of hyper fatty meet (mostly beef), ca 200 g of fatty fish, with perhaps 200 to 300 g of butter with some egg yolks, raw goat cheese and  gelatin every day, took loads of digestive enzymes and probiotiques and glutamie, and 100 to 200 g of freshly made coconut cream. Almost no veggies and fruits, but a bit of green juice, some avocados. I gained almost 8 kg in 3 weeks but after it my belly hurted and felt very inflamed and I was totally tired (but soooo greatfull that I  looked like a human being again) .
Since then I calmed down, stopped the dairy because it gave me stomach inflammation, just take raw butter sometimes.
I still eat a lot of meat, some organs and a lot of fat. Yesterday night a blood vessel in my eye crashed. Also I get spiderveins again, the same problem I had when I first tried raw paleo. I would like to know the cause because I feel so good and strong with my new diet and don't want to dump everything again.
My thoughts about it are:
- it could be that I eat to much of this incredible saturated fat, this very chalky and dry beef and lamb fat witch sticks to the teet and tonge?
-could be that I eat to much red meet?
- not enough veggies?
-my body is to acidic with all that meat?
sometimes after I eat I take some peace of fatty meat with lots of collagen and fat on it and I chew on it for hours to calm me down (before I was a bit chewing gum addicted)
Perhaps this is not good because with that I have a constant supply of fat, proteins, collagen even after I eat?
This very hard beef fat I eat, a lot of people say that it is not good for health. It is so dense and sticky, I don't now if it is very digestable or digestable at all. Butter feels a lot softer in my mouth, but I don't now if it is better for digestion and health. Perhaps I will do more coconut now as I'm not so much under this weight gaining pressure any more (I never managed gaining weight with coconut a my staple fat)
But I still have so much of this hard beef fat in my fridge and it is so easy to get loads of it.
What are your experiences with hard beef fat?
Is there a way to make it more digestible? As an example mixing it with lecithin or ACV or berries or egg yolk or sauerkraut?
What could be the reason that my bloodvessels burst?
What can I do to prevent further damage, are there supplements to take.
Should I make more veggies, salads, green juices, teas?

You're supposed to have a balance. Meat is good and so are veggies... fruit in moderation.

Humans evolved mostly on plants and meat. Plants, veggies, won't hurt you.

Processed shit, will.

Nothing wrong with adding a salad, or butter soaked asparagus to your meal.

Just stick with the non-starchy veggies and you're golden. Starchy veg not only plays with one's insulin ... but they're pretty much devoid of nutrients as well.

Offline Cristaraw

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »
Also ... 2kg of meat is way too much. You're putting too much load on your kidneys.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »
Yes, GS, real vit c in the form of fruits and veggetales should be enough.

Eavehart, eating in a 8 h window would be possible. I should stop eating early anyway, because I dont sleep very well.
I thought you are ZC, Eavehart, why do you take more carbs now and what kind of carbs, resistant starch?
Van, I know it was not healthy what I did but it did work like nothing else I ever tried.
I will eat now a lot less protein and more fat and veggies again. The fat I got from the bucher was back fat but still it is hard and sticky.
Today I got pankreas and fresh liver, kidneys,and heard . How long the liver stays fresh in the fridge, and kidneys, heard, pankreas. I dont want to freeze them and I got a lot.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »
I thought you are ZC, Eavehart, why do you take more carbs now and what kind of carbs, resistant starch?

I eat a low-carb diet, never ZC. Technically, you could say high fat, moderate protein, low carb. I don't tend to eat identical foods year 'round.

I was somewhat alarmed at reading how much protein you were eating because it looked like way too much from what I have read. The calculation I've always heard is body weight (kg) x 0.8 for grams of protein per day for an average level of activity, which will put people around 45 - 60 grams of protein per day. I don't exactly look up the protein values when I eat, but that means roughly two to three 100 g servings of meat per day.

There were some discussions a while back about gut flora and resistant starches as possible alternatives to the traditional ultra-low diet for controlling blood sugar. I've been eating much more carbs from paleo foods that are rich in resistant starch, with good blood-sugar control.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 06:34:54 pm »
Evehard, why did you start including more carb and resistant starches and do you feel better now?
What kind of carbs do you eat?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
...why did you start including more carb and resistant starches and do you feel better now?
What kind of carbs do you eat?

LilElefant, I'm always experimenting, so I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if I included more carbohydrates while giving thought to resistant starch. I like variety at mealtimes, so when I read about RS on this forum and then read the links from TaterTot Tim on freetheanimal.com about his experiencing good blood sugar readings when he ate more carbs if he included RS, I decided to see what would happen to me under the same conditions. My results were good. But even before that, I ate as many carbohydrates as I could tolerate.

There is a lot of mainstream information about very low carbohydrate intake for diabetes, but just because everybody says something, that doesn't mean it is true. For me, it wasn't a question of "feeling better" because I always felt better on RPD, but a question of learning a different way of controlling blood sugar spikes.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 01:47:46 am »
Eveheart, could you please explain more in detail how you changed, what you did before and what you do now ?
You eat less fat but more carbs?
What kind of carbs, starches, raw or cooked.
Are your blood sugar readings better now?
How do you avoid blood sugar spikes?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 03:27:01 am »
Eveheart, could you please explain more in detail how you changed, what you did before and what you do now ?
You eat less fat but more carbs?
What kind of carbs, starches, raw or cooked.
Are your blood sugar readings better now?
How do you avoid blood sugar spikes?

Nothing to explain. I eat raw paleo, so no field-agricultural grains or legumes and no processed foods (remember, cooking is a form of processing). I don't track or record what I eat, but my appetite seems to be pretty consistent from day to day. My blood sugar readings (type 2 diabetes) were steady before  and weren't any worse when I included RS and more carbs... but I still don't eat what you might call a high-carb diet, so there was no huge adjustment in the fat/carb ratio.

Are you diabetic?

ON EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I read your past post where you said you were diabetic and you gave an example of your out-of-control blood sugar readings last year. Is your diabetes type 1 or type 2? (Probably type 1, but I'm no expert. If so, then you wouldn't want to learn what I do because I'm type 2 diabetic. It's very different - type 1 doesn't produce enough insulin, whereas type 2 produces too much and doesn't utilize it properly.)

How well do you understand the different types of diabetes and how they work? Type 1 diabetes is a muscle-wasting disease, which would explain why you have trouble maintaining weight and muscle mass. I suggest you become an expert in your own care and learn about your options for dietary management. At the very least, learn to take and record your fasting blood sugar (first thing in the morning), and then take a blood sugar reading 2 hours after each meal. Do this for about a week to get a good picture.

Too much blood sugar has nasty side effects. I won't get into an argument about whether you should go to a doctor or not, but one way or the other, it's good to keep your blood sugar in control.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:10:20 am by eveheart »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk