Author Topic: Just made a video how to open up an oyster  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Just made a video how to open up an oyster
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
Sorry about the music. Better put the sound on after 0:40 seconds  -[

http://youtu.be/Y3Zxrcb1QXg

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Just made a video how to open up an oyster
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:29:01 pm »
Can you re shoot with more light? 
During the day?
Pretty please?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:57 am »
Haha Inger!!! That was so cute :). You have inspired me to buy an oyster knife because oysters are magic ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 01:19:08 am »
An oyster knife is essential for opening raw, live oysters. All I would like to add is that I would always put the raw oysters  into a large pint-sized glass, rather than eating them one by one. I would then, after having put c.20 oysters in or less, push the oysters down so as to get as much  of the salty water out of them as possible, then I would upend the glass over the kitchen-sink with my hand over the top of the glass, so as to allow the rest of the water  to be expelled from the glass without having the oysters drop as well. The raw oysters definitely taste a lot better if they have this saltwater eliminated. I also do this trick with raw mussels.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 01:24:49 am »
Eating oysters one by one has the advantage of weeding out the foul smelling / tasting ones.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 01:35:29 am »
I agree on the weeding out the bad ones.   Even here on the relatively clean north coast of Ca.  each dozen will have probably one bad one, that you definitely don't want to eat..

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 03:11:06 am »
The raw oysters definitely taste a lot better if they have this saltwater eliminated. I also do this trick with raw mussels.

It depends if you need salted seawater or not. It's easy to adjust our intake of seawater to the correct amount  we need. As was said, it's better not to mix them in order to avoid spoiling many with a bad one.

Nice video by the way, Inger!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:13:26 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 03:46:35 am »
I should add that, at the time I was eating raw oysters in large amounts(20 very large ones a week or fortnight, not counting  frequent double-oysters which I only paid half for. The fishmonger I bought it from at the Marylebone Farmers market always sold them absolutely fresh to me and I never came across a dodgy oyster ever, not even once. Fishmongers in shops are a different matter, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk