Author Topic: Emergency / Survival Foods for Raw Paleo Dieters  (Read 2761 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Emergency / Survival Foods for Raw Paleo Dieters
« on: July 24, 2014, 05:50:11 am »
We need collective ideas on Emergency / Survival Foods for us Raw Paleo Dieters.

I bumped into this problem in September 2011 when my family did a month long survival drill and we were doing canned and bottled food.  As a raw paleo guy, I struggled with the corned beef and sardines and had immense stomach aches.  My wife told me I would be the first to die in a real emergency.  So after that I try to eat some of the emergency food (when I remember) and some cooked meat, just enough to train my tummy so I do not get these immense stomach aches when I do eat them.

Today, Iguana gave great ideas, new to me, about better survival food:

"There can be much better emergency / survival foods than canned ones. Home dried fruits, carob, tamarind, honey, dry chufas, lentils and even whole rice to be soaked can be kept several years in closed jars. Most nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, macadamias, pine nuts, peanuts etc.) can be stored many years too. Meat will be all right up to 3 months in fridge and can even be eaten much later and completely dry after being cut in small pieces with a good knife. Eggs can be stored several months in cold place, ideally a fridge. Dry fish is also an option."

So I am opening this thread so we can all contribute ideas for emergency / survival foods for us raw paleo dieters.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Emergency / Survival Foods for Raw Paleo Dieters
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:26:17 am »
We have a big industry of sun dried sea food.
Dried various fish big and small and various squid a plenty.
Also bottled and salted fermented fish and small oysters.

I had better take pictures of these things and show you guys.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 03:01:10 pm »
I can see I need to make my own dried Beef jerky en-masse.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:10:15 pm »
Glad that I can be helpful.  :) I forgot to mention olives, pumpkin seeds, bee pollen, dried safus (an African fatty fruit praised by most "instinctos"), kenari nuts, Brazil nuts, and of course dates! I know that you can’t get many of those foods in tropical places like yours, GS, but here I always have most of them in store.

It’s better to dry the fish fillets ourselves because commercial dried fish is always heavily salted and likely to have been overheated.

Eggs yolks can also be dried.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk