Author Topic: Sugars effect on protein digestion  (Read 2866 times)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Sugars effect on protein digestion
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:22:22 pm »
I remember reading here about a year ago how eating too much sugary fruits together with a high animal protein diet would cause protein to digest in a way produceing lots of poisonous biproducts. Could someone please tell me what this is all about since i cant remember much about this?

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Sugars effect on protein digestion
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:05:31 pm »
I'd be interested to hear about this too.
I know that both fruit sugar and protein are insulinogenic, but in terms of how high sugar consumption (in the context of sugar from whole fruits) effects protein digestion and any biproducts thereof I can only speculate. But I'm definitely curious because this past week I have been eating soo much red meat and more and more fruit (I live in an area where I can get local mamey sapote, dragon fruit, etc. and also have been eating lots of pineapple and figs and such) so lately I've been getting tons of protein, tons of carbs, and plenty of fats from the meat and avocados and sometimes coconut butter. So I'd love the know how this all interacts. I def think I do better without regular fruit consumption, but it is hard sometimes to see ripe figs, mamey, dragonfruit, pineapple, etc and not want to eat tons of it lol

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:26:41 am »
I remember reading here about a year ago how eating too much sugary fruits together with a high animal protein diet would cause protein to digest in a way produceing lots of poisonous biproducts. Could someone please tell me what this is all about since i cant remember much about this?

i THINK its called glycation.
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:18:14 am »
I'm sure glycation is part of it >.<
I have been eating tons of fruit and fats and meat and feeling not so well this week, so I think back to low fruit it is for me! Anyone have more elaboration on the fruit + protein?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:43:55 pm »
Eat fruits only for lunch and animal proteins for dinner, followed by veggies if still hungry and perhaps a few nuts if hungry still. Wait some time after that if you can' refrain from eating fruit in the evening.

It's also possible to eat animal proteins for lunch and fruits for dinner, of course,  but we found out it's generally better to have the fruits at lunch.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 01:08:07 am »
eating fruits for dinner will more than likely have the effect of raising blood sugar levels, and hence insulin and cortisol, and thus reducing natural human growth hormone production which primarily is produced during a good nights sleep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk