Author Topic: Benefits of Exercise  (Read 6645 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Benefits of Exercise
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:49:24 am »
I feel like I can speak more on this now. Lifting was heavily correlated with my diet. While I was lifting my diet is easier to stay on track while if I slack and don't exercise, due to job or school or whatever slacking reason, I go into full on eat all I can buffet mode and eat the SAD junk.

I highly recommend all people of all ages do two exercise: pull-ups of variations (chin-up, pull-up, negative pull up) + diamond push-up (or simpler push-ups), along with body squats. those were what I'd do in the park while sun tanning my previously eczema-covered back.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 05:36:13 am »
I'm not so sure that exercise is all it's thought to be.

I think it could be that when someone is healthy and energetic, they feel like moving around and doing things. And when they're unhealthy or dealing with some health issue (such as a detox), or simply when they're not as energetic due to natural aging, they don't. So we look at those who exercise a lot and because, on average, they are healthier, we therefore assume that it's exercise that made them healthy. But I think it could be the other way around.

There are plenty of top level athletes who all of a sudden drop dead at 25-30 years old and not even during intense exercise. And there are plenty of couch potatoes who make it to their 80's and 90's.

I think when somebody feels very tired and fatigued, exercise is likely to only make things worse. Their body is telling them not to exercise unless they absolutely have to. Why would the body do this if not because it's the best for their health? Is it just trying to save calories, like most doctors and physical trainers believe? I don't know, somehow that doesn't make sense to me. When someone feels like exercising and they're kept still by outside forces, they start getting anxious and jittery. Why is this? Could it be because their bodies are telling them that it's time to move around and do things?

I've had times when I felt very energetic and lively and doing high intensity exercise felt really good, when pushing my muscles to the max released pleasure/happiness hormones or something. I've also had times when I felt very weak and tired and doing any sort of exercise seemed bad and like I really wished I didn't have to do that. Why is this?

Do you think it's a good idea to force yourself to exercise when you don't feel like it? Or to force yourself to be still when you want to exercise?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:08:50 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Ablem1959

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 04:34:05 pm »
Thanks for sharing these links. Exercise is always the main source of refreshment for both my mind and body. Exercise makes me fresh energetic, happy, healthy and at the top of my game.

Offline gravydraconian

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 11:06:54 pm »
There are many benefits of exercises includes healthy body, positive thinking, tremendous vibe and extraordinary level of happiness. you can go to you tube and find videos for the same

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 12:11:58 am »
proper exercise has many benefits. It is essential for proper blood and oxygen circulation throughout the body. Right now i am doing Ashtanga Yoga 1-2 times a day 5 days a week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk