Author Topic: Looking for a GOOD Paleo recipe book  (Read 2177 times)

Offline sammiefields

• Forager
    • View Profile
Looking for a GOOD Paleo recipe book
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:12:32 pm »
Hi all

My main question: What is a good paleo recipe book (or other resource), where the recipes actually taste delicious, and are easy to prepare? (Especially looking for marinades and rubs).

I've been ?searching for endless hours and many months, for a GOOD paleo recipe book, with no luck. Heck, even a good generic recipe book is hard to find.

I don't want any complicated recipes, just simple stuff. I wanted to start out with simple rubs and marinades that taste great.

But I'm having a hard time finding anything good!

I've bought DOZENS of books on Amazon, all with dozens or even hundreds of excellent 4.5-5-star overall ratings, and all their recipes SUCK!

I've got a few generic barbecue recipe books, but all their recipes call for using 1/2 to 1 cub of brown sugar!

If you are having the same problem - you think EVERY free recipe with good ratings on the internet is RUBBISH, and all of those Amazon books with 5 star ratings are rubbish, did you find a solution in the end?

If so, I really need to hear it, I really need your help.

I've had enough of spending so many hours of my day looking for good recipes with no success.

Please help  me and I will be eternally grateful.

Offline sammiefields

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a GOOD Paleo recipe book
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:57 pm »
OK, so here's one solution I've found.

From all the research I've done on recipes, I've so far found ONE recipe book whose food I like: Curry Secret by Kris Dhillon. Not exactly a Paleo recipe book, but hey, the curries in this book taste great!

The trouble with curries is you have to have them with either rice or naan, both are grain-based foods.

So what I'll try is using the curry sauce like a marinade, then grilling the meat.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 02:33:44 am »
Try Recipes for Living Without Disease, by Aajonus Vonderplanitz.

Offline sammiefields

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 03:59:10 am »
Thank you for the suggestion Eric, I'll see if I can get a hold of that one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk