Author Topic: Check out this Paleo Diet Inforgraphic  (Read 3027 times)

Offline dwelz

• Forager
    • View Profile
Check out this Paleo Diet Inforgraphic
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:27 am »
I helped make it, any input would be greatly appreciated.

It's from a larger article that you can find here....

http://paleomagonline.com/paleo-diet/

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Check out this Paleo Diet Inforgraphic
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 06:40:32 am »
Looks pretty good. Legume plants have been consumed by humans and pre-humans for millions of years (so, of course, some are edible raw and acceptable even to Instinctos), and there is ample scientific evidence that including some in the diet is not harmful, and probably beneficial. The "Godfather of Paleo," Dr. Boyd Eaton, OK'd legumes. If no legumes are "Paleo," then what is Paleo and why is it more Paleo?

A recent study suggested that healthy people only need around 7 hours of sleep. Stressed people will probably need more. Maybe a better way to put it might be "Sufficient sleep--get enough sleep so that you can wake up without an alarm clock."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:51:30 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:30:27 am »
I hope I'm asking a dumb question here: What does "No screens after dusk" mean?

Nice website. Why not make an occasional entry about RAW paleo? There are many good reasons to eat raw paleo style, and it might be interesting for your readers to learn about a few options that would be followed by the earliest paleolithic man.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 01:35:38 pm »
looks good to me! Any reasoning for the no screens after dusk? thats going to be a very hard adjustment for me! also, i usually only sleep 6 1/2 hours and my body wakes itself up... i can never sleep in, its a curse.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:41:02 pm »
Thanks, Phil: you spared me the task to write what you wrote!   :)
I also noticed that I need less sleeping time ever since I eat raw paleo.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk