Author Topic: Raw Paleo Community!!  (Read 4489 times)

Offline GaiaYoga Gardens

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw Paleo Community!!
« on: August 07, 2014, 05:14:14 am »
Hi we are looking for people interested in living and creating at GaiaYoga Gardens. We are attempting to build a community that incorporates raw food, sustainability, permaculture, non violent communication, coparenting, tribal community structure, and much more. Growing a community is slow and we need people who share our energy to build and grow our vision. We are looking for both long term invested members and/or work-traders.

Many people living here eat raw paleo diets, ranging from instinctive eating to aajonus style primal diet. We have fresh raw milk from our cow, eggs from our raw food fed chickens, fruits from our land, and wild foraged coconuts. We also purchase local raw grassfed beef and organs, fresh wild fish, raw honey and additional fresh local produce to supplement what we grow.

GaiaYoga Gardens is a 17.75-acre permaculture / food forest / tribal community founded 10 years ago in the tropical rainforest jungle on the Big Island of Hawaii between Kapoho/Four Corners and Pahoa (a few miles from the ocean). We have tropical breeze house accommodations (dorm-style or potentially some private rooms) which have mosquito screen walls that let in lots of air and light, built with natural materials such as bamboo and logs from the land, and a tarp roof with an additional tarp and fabric ceiling. We live off-grid, with solar panels and batteries providing electricity to regular AC plugs, rainwater catchment, and composting toilets. All options to stay here include some mix of money and work-trade (which we call "Landance"). We prefer people move in on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, so we can orient as many folks at the same time and be efficient with our time.

We have more details about this that we share in our application process. We will consider children and pets on a case-by-case basis. Email us for an application so that both you and we can make sure it's a fit. If you're already in the area, we can arrange a visit for a few hours. Thank you for reading, and we look forward to hearing from you!

******We are looking for people who are passionate about our holistic community vision. Check out our website at www.gaiayoga.org and if you are interested email us at aloha@gaiayoga.org ******

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Paleo Community!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:03:08 am »
Why did Pangaia fail?

Offline GaiaYoga Gardens

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:29 am »
This is Ano responding:

IMO Pangaia didn't "fail."  It did end.  It ended because Manis had lost his inspiration for the place.  I don't believe Manis ever really wanted a true community there.  I did, but I was not a landowner, I was a young idealist and visionary.  Manis was much more practical and not nearly so driven.  People would come and go and eventually I think Manis tired of it and wasn't able/willing to make the changes necessary to make it evolve out of simply his place.  But way beyond Manis or me is the fact that everyone who came to Pangaia was infected with the "disease" of Western Culture and that imprint/conditioning is very hard to grow/heal beyond.  There's 100s of stories to tell, and most of them are not mine to tell.

I have some of the same problems here at GaiaYoga Gardens.  We've solved some of the issues that happened at Pangaia, but when it comes down to it, it's very very very hard to find people who want to live together for the long haul, have the capacity to do it, and aren't pulled away by other karma.

Does this answer your question?

Aloha,  Ano

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:59:54 am »
There's no easy shortcut to making a utopia that has to exist in close contact with such a broken culture as this one. It sounds like you know this already, though. Good luck. Feel free to visit here as much as you'd like. We've been talking about having a big get-together for the members of this forum for years now....maybe your place would be a good spot for that.

How are you holding up during this hurricane?

Offline GaiaYoga Gardens

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:07:56 am »
The hurricane knocked over a ton of trees which we just finished clearing off the road. A couple structures are destroyed and we are going to have to fix or remodel our central common area/kitchen. Now would be a great time to have more help!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:52:06 pm »
Wow, i hope that structures were the only things damaged and everyone is safe!  I have a friend who is going to be heading to Hawaii In a few months.  He was born and has family on the big island and is excited to be back after 12 years on mainland.  I hope it is okay that I share your website and community with him as I can see the potential for him to really benefit from such a community and vice versa. 

Offline GaiaYoga Gardens

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:38:47 am »
Everyone is safe, thank you!

Please do share with your friend!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk