Author Topic: Non food reactions since going raw paleo.  (Read 8527 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Non food reactions since going raw paleo.
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:35:26 pm »

-Have trouble holding a mobile phone to my ear (it burns me about an inch inide my head) have to use loud speaker
-Feel really bad flying, feel ill, tired and the air is so dry
-Can't stand smelly people epecially when they wear perfumes
-Detox quickly after breathing in pollution
-Less tolerance at work waiting for guys who constantly seem to be eating/drinking/shitting/buying food. I swear they spend hours every week going to the toilet.
-less tolerance for negative people

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Non food reactions since going raw paleo.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:37:50 pm »
didn't like musky perfume before, now don't like floral

dislike kale and anise now

dislike the sweetness of melon and other carb food now

spirulina tastes like nasty salt to me now

like pure tart flavors even better yum :p

otherwise, i think i tolerate really everything much better than before.  i could be hypersensitive in ways that hurt too much to be of any help to me before
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:23:56 pm »
-Have trouble holding a mobile phone to my ear (it burns me about an inch inide my head) have to use loud speaker
-Feel really bad flying, feel ill, tired and the air is so dry
-Detox quickly after breathing in pollution
-Less tolerance at work waiting for guys who constantly seem to be eating/drinking/shitting/buying food. I swear they spend hours every week going to the toilet.
-less tolerance for negative people

I got an iphone with a nice head set for that very reason. Cell phones MESS my head up. I really want my family to start doing the same, brain tumors are not a pleasant disease to go through.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:35:36 am »
My husband and I still don't have a cell phone.  As engineers, we just don't care for microwaves close to the brain (or genitals, etc).  It's one thing to use a gps or something that only receives, but cell phones transmit far distances, and that requires a lot of power, and when it's close to your head ... Same with wireless computers that people put on their laps, all while transmitting microwaves to far off places.  If you are going to use these devices, you should be very aware of how exactly they work and what that means to your health.  I see preteens with cell phones on all the time now!

Yes, we will see an increase in head cancers (already happening).  I may break down and get a mobile phone one day, but so far, I have survived without them.  Are they allowed on commercial flights?  Can you imagine being stuck in a tin can with all that microwave radiation bouncing around the cabin?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 01:45:21 am by Satya »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 01:51:20 am »
I actually feel better when flying as I get less dehydrated than before.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:38:17 pm »
    Hi Dameon.  I realize the headset is an important factor, but is the iphone better in that respect than other cell phones?

I got an iphone with a nice head set for that very reason. Cell phones MESS my head up. I really want my family to start doing the same, brain tumors are not a pleasant disease to go through.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 07:47:03 pm »
Ah yes, I also detox quickly if in a polluted area. I hate living in London but have no choice.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:43:51 pm »
I have a different perspective of women.
I'm looking at those weston price successful fertile, tooth decay free women.
I keep trying to find the healthiest women.
My standards have changed.
Healthy is pretty.

I dream of raw paleo vacations like that one in the far flung province of Palawan.  I now want nature, living with the primitive people.  I have been talking to our maids about visiting their home towns with them as my tour guide.  Sleep in a primitive hut and await the fishermen in the very early morning.  Buy squid while it's skin still shifts its colors...
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:41:13 pm »
I look at girls differently too i always went for the natural looking girls anyway but now know why! My mates point out girls and i keep thinking 'nah not a big enough arse''too skinny, no shoulders, low omega 3's!'

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 02:16:17 pm »
    LOL, I look at a guy now and I can see if they're deficient in Vitamin D, I can smell if their EFAs ratios are off balance, etc :) it's easy, now, it just comes to me, no trying.  It doesn't bother me at all.  I used to feel offended/scared perceiving a guy's ill-health, but now it's like nothing.  I wish I could just blurt out what they should eat, but I don't like telling people what to do, so I prefer to leave them alone.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline primaD

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 03:12:55 pm »
My husband and I still don't have a cell phone.  As engineers, we just don't care for microwaves close to the brain (or genitals, etc).  It's one thing to use a gps or something that only receives, but cell phones transmit far distances, and that requires a lot of power, and when it's close to your head ... Same with wireless computers that people put on their laps, all while transmitting microwaves to far off places.  If you are going to use these devices, you should be very aware of how exactly they work and what that means to your health.  I see preteens with cell phones on all the time now!
Hmmm.  I didn't know that about cell phones/computers.  I get that feeling too when I use cellphones but I never knew why.  Maybe I'll learn about that in college this August. (I plan on double majoring in agricultural and electrical engineering if I can)
I definitely agree with this one.  I get such a headache when people wear ANY kind of fragrance.  I'm even considering washing my clothes with soapnuts because the smell from the detergent my gf uses to wash our clothes gives me a headache.
I actually feel better when flying as I get less dehydrated than before.
same here, I feel better.  I used to get so impatient on planes but I feel calmer when doing 100% paleo.
I dream of raw paleo vacations like that one in the far flung province of Palawan.  I now want nature, living with the primitive people.  I have been talking to our maids about visiting their home towns with them as my tour guide.  Sleep in a primitive hut and await the fishermen in the very early morning.  Buy squid while it's skin still shifts its colors...
Oohh!  ??? That sounds like fun!  I haven't heard about Palawan yet.  I'm going to look that up for my next trip there!  Another must see 'natural' places in PI on your list?
i keep thinking 'nah not a big enough arse''too skinny
I ALWAYS chase thicker girls.  Skeletons don't do much for me.  hehe
LOL, I look at a guy now and I can see if they're deficient in Vitamin D, I can smell if their EFAs ratios are off balance, etc Smiley it's easy, now, it just comes to me, no trying.
Interesting.  maybe this lifestyle can up my pheromone levels and get me more attention.  :D

JaX

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 08:07:35 pm »
I look at girls differently too i always went for the natural looking girls anyway but now know why! My mates point out girls and i keep thinking 'nah not a big enough arse''too skinny, no shoulders, low omega 3's!'

Low in Omega 3s? Lol
You'd want them to be low in omega 3 since the body doesn't store much of it

LOL, I look at a guy now and I can see if they're deficient in Vitamin D, I can smell if their EFAs ratios are off balance, etc :) it's easy, now, it just comes to me, no trying. 

You really think you can sense these things or were you kidding?

There are many people in the RAF scene who don't look healthy at all.. Possibly because they don't exercise enough

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 02:07:45 am »
Chemical smells bother the hell out of me.  Usually no headache, I just really don't like them.  Don't know if this is a mental thing or a physiological thing.

My senses feel sharper all around.  Mind is quicker but calmer.  Emotions more balanced.  After a few months of this diet, I began to feel as if there was a slight buzzing or vibration centered in my midsection.  I don't notice it anymore, but I may have just gotten used to it.

Sleep is great, I get a solid 8-10 hrs every day.  Seems like minor injuries heal faster - though they tend to be more painful and swelling for the shorter time.  I haven't had a sore throat, allergies, runny nose, minor cold, (not even 1 day) for a whole year now.  Other than the parasites, I have not been sick with fever except for just 1 or 2 nights, but felt fine in the morning. 

Sometimes I will lift weights a few days in a row, and be like "okay, I need to take this 4th day off for recovery," only to end up feeling really good and go lift anyways.  Very fast recovery. 

I haven't gone jogging in, um... really almost a year.  9 months at least.  So recently I jogged just 4 times over 3 weeks (1-2 miles each time) and then timed myself to see where I was at - ran a 6:15 mile, which is equally as fast as I have ever run it.  I mean, all I have done for the last year is lift weights, play flag football, and do some sprints.

The afternoon sleepies are much less than used to be.  I'm not fighting to stay awake anymore or looking for caffeine to help out.

I can sense alot more what's going on inside my body.  When toxins (cooked paleo for eg) are introduced, I feel an uncomfortable buzzing/jitters in my whole body, much like caffeine. 

I am more sensitive (tho more resilient) to changes in environment.  In general it's easier to tell when something is not as ideal or as healthy for me.  Maybe I'm just paying more attention to my instincts now, or maybe my body/mind is better at sensing it, or both.     

Funny, none of these changes are singularly too spectacular, but the combination of all of them really is huge (for me).
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 08:49:39 pm »
i've noticed my teeth are MUCH stronger since going raw paleo, but i've also noticed that my teeth feel sharper. has anyone else noticed this? every tooth seems much more pointy. i've actually almost bitten a chunk out of my finger a few times when eating meat with my hands. very sharp and much stronger jaws.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »
    Me too Yon.  My teeth and jaw are stronger since I gave up grain, bean and nuts.  My jaw is wider.  Raw meat has definitely strengthened my bite.  There more room in my mouth as well, as before the diet, my tongue was swollen.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 05:51:37 pm »
raw meat also helped with my teeth. Raw dairy, on the other hand, almost made me lose all my teeth.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »

You really think you can sense these things or were you kidding?

It looks far fetched, but yes.  I don't go around sniffing men, but of the ones I have smelled and noticed, I have sensed like these things are off, and I have turned out to be correct about it.

I've almost always had a very keen sense of smell.  It has gotten me to wonder about other people's senses of smell.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
Do you take Vitamin D capsules RawZi?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 10:11:48 pm »
My teeth are so strong I can bite through rock hard jerky with my front teeth, I don't grind them at night anymore either. My fillings have crumbled and fallen out and the holes smoothed over.

I thought omega 3's were stored on the hips breast area's?

Albert Camus

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 12:06:24 am »
Do you take Vitamin D capsules RawZi?

No Miles, I don't.  Why?  Do you?  I may not need it.  I notice a lot of people who are deficient in D have bad posture.  Mine is good, so although I don't know my levels, I'm pretty sure they're good.  I did get tested a couple of months ago (why not its the latest craze), and the doctor didn't bother telling me the D results, so I assume that means they're at least ok.

I thought omega 3's were stored on the hips breast area's?

I never heard that.  What about men?  Where did you read it?  Breasts are softer than suet, almost any animal flesh is.  And since Om3 is softer than more saturated fats, that makes sense.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk