Author Topic: Starting this Wai Diet...  (Read 30237 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Starting this Wai Diet...
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 10:47:48 am »
There are pitfalls on the Wai diet.  I tried it some years ago.

Fat and sugar glycate, and and cause problems on a cellular level.  Read about it.

Fruit has high amounts of fructose, can cause fatty liver. 

Moderator back then had to consume extra white sugar mixed into his orange juice to stay full of energy.  Should tell you something.

So, pay attention to any signs, and, they, like many deficiencies, can take a while to evidence.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019, 07:05:45 am »
There are pitfalls on the Wai diet.  I tried it some years ago.

Fat and sugar glycate, and and cause problems on a cellular level.  Read about it.

Fruit has high amounts of fructose, can cause fatty liver. 

Moderator back then had to consume extra white sugar mixed into his orange juice to stay full of energy.  Should tell you something.

So, pay attention to any signs, and, they, like many deficiencies, can take a while to evidence.

I'm only trying it again to, yet again, try to clear up my skin.  Luckily, I'm a small woman trying to lose just a couple pounds so my calorie needs are quite a bit lower than most people, the 2 egg yolks, one avocado, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil are already nearly half of my daily calories.  I don't need to sip Orange Juice with added sugar to hit my calorie intake, plus I'd rather take more fats than sugars and eat an extra avocado or drink extra olive oil if I'm lacking in calories, but 1200 calories isn't hard to hit.  Luckily also this time around, my cravings aren't nearly so bad, and easily ignored.  I think it's partially because this time I included the olive oil, when last time I didn't.

Also, I haven't really been eating raw for a while now, though I barely cook my steaks I still blue-rare them because I prefer them warmed a bit with some garlic and pepper.  I also slip into eating junk foods a lot too, especially when I'm low on money.  Wai diet is probably the easiest and cheapest way to eat 100% raw (if you consider the cold pressed olive oil raw) and I never finished my 2 weeks of acne sample diet before.  I mostly only get breakouts around my chin/mouth these days, so I'm hoping the 2 weeks can clear the rest of my face up.  Although, it's been a full week now and although my skin is feeling extra soft and good the last couple days, I haven't quite seen too much improvement on my face yet.  Hopefully the next week will show some more, better improvement, but regardless after the 2 weeks I will reassess and see if I want to continue on the diet or not for another week.  It's not a diet I want to stay on permanently, just until (if) I clear up before reintroducing foods one at a time.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 12:10:36 am »
An update, I finished my 2 weeks strictly on the WAI acne diet and I still have acne.  I bought a steak and ate it raw!  Proud of myself for that, haven't eaten a completely raw steak in a long time.  But I also bought a gallon of raw milk.  I stopped eating the olive oil so I have been on completely 100% raw with no oils for another week, and if anything my acne got a little worse.  =(  Getting a bit more cystic-like acne now and I don't know why.  Maybe the milk?  But there's not much other easy way to get a good source of fatty calories.  It would be nice if I could find a good source of fresh grass-fed bone marrow because I love it, but I've only been able to find grain-fed or frozen grass-fed and both tasted disgusting to me.  =(

Just feeling discouraged again after 3 weeks of raw eating and my skin hasn't improved at all.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline owsleytest

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 07:23:17 am »
I think the dairy could be the cause of your acne..? Maybe try ordering some fresh beef fat. I just received 20 pounds of amazingly yellow backfat from Amos Miller and it is delightful.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 08:48:07 am »
I think the dairy could be the cause of your acne..? Maybe try ordering some fresh beef fat. I just received 20 pounds of amazingly yellow backfat from Amos Miller and it is delightful.

Yeah, besides the 1 gallon I bought I haven't had anymore dairy.  I've been back on a bit more strict WAI again, so egg yolks, fish meat, and fruit for me, back to olive oil too.  Thought I ate a little bit of raw onion too because I love it and figure it can't hurt that much.  I've been kinda low on my calories lately though, the past few days I seem to only be eating 900 or so calories so I'm worried I might not be eating enough, even though I'm not that hungry.  Also seems like my hair is falling out more than usual so I want to eat more animal foods to help that.

As far as the back fat goes with ordering online, one problem I have is that I live in Southern California and anything that gets delivered and possibly left on my doorstep is gonna get super hot.  Also, I'm pretty picky with my animal foods and if it doesn't taste right to me I'm not gonna eat it and I don't want to waste money on it.  If I can get less than 20lbs of it delivered and more like a sample of it for cheap, I might consider.  My Birthday is coming up pretty soon too, and since my skin hasn't really improved all that much if at all, I'm gonna have a cheat day for my Birthday since my Dad usually takes me out to dinner and I don't want to be stuck eating only raw fish, I want a STEAK.  But I think I've had a pretty good 4 weeks raw, and will be going back on raw again after my birthday, just hoping it doesn't mess up my skin too much.  Might also buy just a little more raw milk to help with digestion of the cooked foods, because it's helped me with stomach aches in the past.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2019, 11:00:38 pm »
I don't eat dairy and I still get a zit now and then. I think it might be from eating lightly seared steaks. After all they are technically fried if only for less than 2 minutes.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 01:21:24 am »
I don't eat dairy and I still get a zit now and then. I think it might be from eating lightly seared steaks. After all they are technically fried if only for less than 2 minutes.

I have not eaten any cooked foods for exactly 4 weeks now though, and I still am having skin problems.  First 2 weeks I did very strict WAI diet with no more than 2 egg yolks/3oz of fish per day, but there was pretty much no change to my skin besides it feeling softer.  I bought a 10oz grass-fed steak and 1 gallon of raw grass-fed milk at the store the next day and ate the whole steak raw and drank the gallon of milk over the next week, but still had no improvement, if anything it got slightly worse with a few new cystic-like popping up.  I did not buy anymore milk after that and went back to WAI for the 4th week, but without the restrictions on egg yolks and fish.  Also ate a bit of onion this past week because it's one of the few "veggies" I actually like and I wanted to and I figure it wouldn't hurt.  My skin does finally seem to be improving a tiny bit over the past week, but can't quite tell yet.  My Bday is in 2 days now so we'll see how much that messes me up, lol.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 07:43:52 am »
I just started back on raw beef tripe smoothies and I could tell the difference in the way my skin felt by the end of the day. My joints didn't hurt as much after my cycling class either. Word of caution they are about the grossest thing you could ever imagine. Put some Worchestershire sauce in it this morning and it was still gross but at least I got it down without major concentration of not puking it up.

I buy ten pounds of tripe at a time and my butcher grinds it up for me into tripe burger. That helps a lot. I used to burn up a ton of blenders before I had them do it.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2019, 01:54:09 pm »
I just started back on raw beef tripe smoothies and I could tell the difference in the way my skin felt by the end of the day. My joints didn't hurt as much after my cycling class either. Word of caution they are about the grossest thing you could ever imagine. Put some Worchestershire sauce in it this morning and it was still gross but at least I got it down without major concentration of not puking it up.

I buy ten pounds of tripe at a time and my butcher grinds it up for me into tripe burger. That helps a lot. I used to burn up a ton of blenders before I had them do it.

Yeah, if it in any way makes me want to gag, I'm not going to be able to do it.  I can barely get down my egg yolks, and it makes me want to avoid eating them at all.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 10:58:56 pm »
I been getting used to it again and it's really not that bad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk