Author Topic: quail eggs  (Read 5443 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
quail eggs
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:03:57 am »
Do any of you guys eat quail eggs?  Where do you get them?  Are they safer or more dangerous to eat raw than chicken eggs?  Are they healthier than chicken eggs?  How do they taste in comparison to chicken eggs? 

I'm thinking of maybe trying quail eggs, I'm trying to do a WAI diet to start off coming back to raw foods, though I'd probably just eat the quail eggs whole instead of separating the yolks like I do with chicken eggs.  I've seen quail eggs at the asian/phillipino(looks mexican to me) market and was wondering if I should try them, they also have quail egg shooters at my work(japanese owned sushi restaurant) and if I like them I might buy them at work too.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: quail eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:34 am »
Do any of you guys eat quail eggs?  Where do you get them?  Are they safer or more dangerous to eat raw than chicken eggs?  Are they healthier than chicken eggs?  How do they taste in comparison to chicken eggs? 

I have eaten quail eggs in sushi and Korean restaurants. Once you find a brand to buy, go ahead and find out how they are raised and what they are fed, just as you would investigate anything else you eat.

I have lived where there are wild quail, but I would imagine that commercially-raised quail aren't wild.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:55:26 am »
quail eggs are available in commercial quantities in our wet markets and super markets.
I'm betting they are commercially raised.
I buy quail eggs for my children for variety in food... and they are fun food for kids... small eggs.
When I buy I taste a couple of raw quail eggs just for my quality control... they taste okay.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:19:03 pm »
You can't tell by the taste.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:03:16 pm »
I have no wild or organic quail eggs to test taste as a basis.

But with chicken eggs and duck eggs I can tell by taste the better organic eggs.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »
I love raw quail eggs. I buy them  from a wholesaler's who also sells me a lot of raw wild game. I generally find them to taste better than chicken eggs or duck eggs, however "organic" the latter might be. Only goose eggs are better in quality for various reasons.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:18:04 pm »
Commercially raised quail eggs are very different from wild versions. Quail are raised in small pens and are fed almost exclusively grain. We have a quail farm nearby and I bought a pack of their eggs, then learned how they raise their animals and haven't bought from them since. They're certified organic, but their animals live miserable lives.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 12:08:27 am »
...they also have quail egg shooters at my work(japanese owned sushi restaurant) and if I like them I might buy them at work too.

Why not look at the name of the ranch that they come from and call/email/visit/google to see how the quail are raised. You might luck out, but don't get your expectations too high.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 01:17:56 am »
Why not look at the name of the ranch that they come from and call/email/visit/google to see how the quail are raised. You might luck out, but don't get your expectations too high.

Pretty sure the ones at my work are from a Japanese company and I probably won't be able to read the label, if I could even find them.  I might if the label is only hiragana though.  I also already tried to look up the company they get their meat from, Day-Lee, and I can't find out how they raise their beef cattle.  Most likely grain-fed fedlots but the beef they get is supposed to be high quality so I wondered if maybe there was grass-fed, but I have no idea.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk