Author Topic: To Cook or Not To Cook: The Question of Acrylamide  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
To Cook or Not To Cook: The Question of Acrylamide
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:41:31 pm »
Time for the second in a series of posts on heat-created toxins: To Cook or Not To Cook: The Question of Acrylamide. As before, feedback is welcome.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: To Cook or Not To Cook: The Question of Acrylamide
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:50:34 am »
People might be interested in lists of the foods highest in the various toxins you discuss.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:19 pm »
I'm really enjoying your series, Eric, and sharing it with others.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:04:27 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Phil. BTW, will I see you at the VT Traditional Foods and Health Symposium again this year?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:43:40 am »
Thanks for the heads up. It's strange how I don't get email notifications from them. I'd like to see Jeff Leach's presentation, though there might be a family get-together that weekend. Which one(s) are you going to?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:08 pm »
I'll be tabling all Friday and Saturday for the Weston A. Price Foundation, so will be present for all workshops. I'll also be teaching how to render fat on Saturday at one of the workstations, and will offer samples of bear, deer, cow, lamb and pig fat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk