Author Topic: CavemanChefs "Evolving Cuisine"  (Read 6543 times)

Offline CavemanChefs

• Forager
    • View Profile
CavemanChefs "Evolving Cuisine"
« on: September 18, 2014, 09:41:16 am »
Hello.
I would just like to take a second to introduce myself, and show what we do.
CavemanChefs is the name of the company based in Denver Colorado.

Our website is currently under construction, but here is brief information.

We created CavemanChefs because it is a product we believe in. We have over 30 years in fine dining experience and bring that experience to Paleo and your home. We want to serve you and your nutritional needs.

CavemanChefs is a chef owned company offering the best quality of Paleo food available. Using all natural, grass-fed, grain free, sustainable, and organic food. We offer two services. CavemanChefs Meal Plans deliver your meals to free pick up locations from Denver to Boulder. CavemanChefs Catering offers the same quality food for any occasion.

Here are some pictures of food that we deliver to clients

Housemade Herbed Turkey Sliders, Mashed Parsnips with Garlic, Black Cherry Compote, and Asparagus with Oven Dried Roma Tomatoes

Lamb Rack with Grilled ArtichokeTapenade, Baked Garnet Yam, and Steamed Asparagus
(picture taken on a decorative plate)

Shrimp Scampi, Prima Vera Vegetables, and Cabbage Noodles

Slow Roasted Herb Wagyu Sirloin, Baked Parsnips, Creamed Spinach, and Au Jus

Grilled Wagyu Steak and Arugula Salad, Roasted Red Peppers, Red Wine Vinaigrette

Bistro Steak, Baked Jewel Potatoes, and Asparagus with Oven Roasted Heirlooms
Here is what it looks like from container that product is shipped in, right onto a dinner plate !

Food ready to ship to our beloved customers !

Please feel free to PM me or post any questions.
You can also reach us via FACEBOOK !

Our meal plans are very affordable, and come in 3 different sizes.
So far, we can manage shipping just outside of Denver, because we like to keep everything fresh.
I'm sure we can manage dry ice shipment to anywhere in the US, just let us know.

Visit our Facebook page for more information
(720) 434-2025

https://www.facebook.com/cavemanchefs/timeline
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:03:11 pm by CavemanChefs »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: CavemanChefs "Evolving Cuisine"
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:08:28 pm »
Hi CavemanChefs. It's unfortunate that you didn't look around the forum more thoroughly before you posted. If you had, you'd know this is a raw paleo forum (as the forum's name implies), and not one that caters to people whose diet is largely cooked. What will likely now ensue is that several forum members will post to this thread bashing your company and your product for spamming our forum, and since our site receives lots of traffic when anyone does an internet search for your company name this thread will probably come up fairly high in the search results. Sad for you...

Since I happen to be an early bird, I get to go first. Because cooking is a process that chemically alters foods, cooked food is processed food. Your company therefore specializes in producing and marketing processed foods. Looking at the list of dishes you pictured, the cooking methods you seem to gravitate towards likely produce a range of heat-created toxins in the foods you serve, among them compounds like acrylamide, heterocyclic amines, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and advanced glycation endproducts. Your food might look nice when photographed on those decorative plates, but it's probably at least mildly inflammatory for most people who would eat it. Some of the above listed compounds - acrylamides, HCAs and PAHs - are known or probable carcinogens too, not exactly the sorts of things people should be eating.

Have a great day!

Offline CavemanChefs

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:06:44 pm »
Hello.
I do apologize that I did not read the forum all the way through.
This is the way we have been serving food for past 2 years, and never had been an issue.
Food is not cooked all the way through, as posted on all pictures, its half raw.

There is a difference between raw paleo, and paleo.
Toxins created from slow roasting, or grilling are not nearly as close as from deep frying per say.
Temperatures that are used, are also much lower, then what is required to create chemical bonding.

Once again, I do apologize for not reading the forum all the way through, I was just excited to show what company has to offer.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:59 am »
Grilling actually is pretty bad. Steaming and quick boiling are the safest methods.

Offline CavemanChefs

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »
I will definitely keep it mind, and address the issues that were brought up to me.
Thank You for your feed back, its greatly appreciate it.

We want to improve our Paleo, and take any feedback very seriously

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 12:14:17 am »
We want to improve our Paleo, and take any feedback very seriously

Here's my feedback: I realize that you weren't the one who misapplied the term "Paleo" to "grain-free, legume-free cooking," however, you could step up as the real caveman and observe other significant paleolithic food realities. Even the details - asparagus (early spring crop) with yams (end of a long, hot summer) - can be improved to increase authenticity. Raw paleo eaters won't be your consumers, anyway, but you can use both your menu and your copy writing to enlighten and improve your customers.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline CavemanChefs

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 12:46:22 am »
Here's my feedback: I realize that you weren't the one who misapplied the term "Paleo" to "grain-free, legume-free cooking," however, you could step up as the real caveman and observe other significant paleolithic food realities. Even the details - asparagus (early spring crop) with yams (end of a long, hot summer) - can be improved to increase authenticity. Raw paleo eaters won't be your consumers, anyway, but you can use both your menu and your copy writing to enlighten and improve your customers.

Thank You. Like i mentioned at the beginning, It was my mistake for not reading through all the way, and posting in "RAW PALEO" forum.
There are different kids of paleo, and unfortunately RAW is not what we do.

I will work on menu etc to make sure we improve, and can cater to many more clients

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk