Author Topic: Fresh, Unfrozen Wild Food (eg venison) UK Retailers  (Read 2450 times)

Offline ben1234

• Forager
    • View Profile
Fresh, Unfrozen Wild Food (eg venison) UK Retailers
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:43:22 pm »
Where are people in the UK ordering their meat from? I've had a look at the sticky: http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/resources/meat/index.shtml and one retailer may be able to supply fresh venison but I'll have to contact them as by default they hang their meat. I don't want to eat dehydrated meat obviously.
I'm ideally looking for a retailer that will kill the deer and post it to me the next day.
Abel and Cole told me their meat wasn't frozen but the venison I ordered that arrived today was :(.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Fresh, Unfrozen Wild Food (eg venison) UK Retailers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »
When I was in London, I had a marvellous time visiting the local LFM farmers' markets, some of which had excellent range in varieties of raw meats such as raw wild game etc. Check out the website lfm.org.uk to  find out more info on locations/times etc.
Also,  I used to  just google online re ("grassfed meat") or ("saltmarsh-fed lamb") or whatever so that I could track down the farm and have the meats delivered to me direct door to door.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ben1234

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 01:08:26 am »
Unfortunately London is a bit far for me. It seems to me that game is generally frozen.
I decided to try eating it anyway thinking it would have only been frozen whilst travelling from the hunter to Abel and Cole.
It's the first meat I've eaten this year and it quickly dissolves in my mouth no problem. The only bit that doesn't seems to be the "gristle"/fat - which I can still swallow comfortably if I chew it a bit and take small mouthfuls. It Tastes exactly the same as cooked red meat to me (except this is nicer).
I since got an email back from Abel and Cole and they assured me that it actually hasn't been frozen - the defrost instructions were there should I decide to freeze. So I can get my muscle meat from Abel and Cole! Shame they don't sell organic/wild offal but I think I found place for that :).

Offline ben1234

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 11:37:51 pm »
Still struggling to find wild offal . It seems that freezing is the standard practice :/. Was the meat at the LFM farmers' markets fresh?
There must be somebody in England here that can point me in the right direction..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 01:38:24 am »
Still struggling to find wild offal . It seems that freezing is the standard practice :/. Was the meat at the LFM farmers' markets fresh?
There must be somebody in England here that can point me in the right direction..
Yes, it was usually fresh, if  specifically asked for. Occasionally, they may only be able to sell it prefrozen. Best to phone beforehand, but, in order to do so,  you need to  go to the relevant market-stall to get their phone-number. Also check out  any organic online food directories for the UK  or simply any farmers' markets near you to see if they might be able to get what you want. Or use random googling to find grassfed meat farms which  are willing to deliver raw (chilled, not frozen) meat to your door - some may be able to provide a wild deer-carcase, who knows?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk