Author Topic: New phenomenon  (Read 4571 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
New phenomenon
« on: February 28, 2009, 07:59:17 pm »
Has anyone in the UK noticed a vast improvement in the burger-bar chains in recent times? I've just come across 2 burger bars, 1 of which is part of a chain. They both advertise as "grassfed", the first one states it openly citing "free-range", the other by implication re use of word "organic" and references to particular scottish breeds in the highlands(which are always grassfed). Now, maybe the animals are fed grains in the winter or whatever, but it's still an improvement.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that the big problem with travelling while on a RAF diet is the lack of access to any remotely acceptable foods. If one has a grassfed(free-range or organic) burger bar available near an airport, say, then one could use that as a temporary fix before finding the right raw animal food source the next day etc.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: New phenomenon
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 09:26:54 pm »
Thats amazing...Uk is much further ahead than Oz with Jamie Oliver and Prince Charles. I think i would faint in disbelief on seeing grassfed fast food here.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:56:38 pm »
In TX many restaurants serve local grassfed meats from farms.  There is one burger place near me that serves grassfed burgers, which is cool.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:57:27 am »
The only grassfed meat I've seen in "regular" places is expensive steak joints around here.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:36:05 pm »
They both advertise as "grassfed", the first one states it openly citing "free-range", the other by implication re use of word "organic" and references to particular scottish breeds in the highlands(which are always grassfed). Now, maybe the animals are fed grains in the winter or whatever, but it's still an improvement.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that the big problem with travelling while on a RAF diet is the lack of access to any remotely acceptable foods. If one has a grassfed(free-range or organic) burger bar available near an airport, say, then one could use that as a temporary fix before finding the right raw animal food source the next day etc.

It sounds nice, but me personally, I don't think cooked grassfed burgers would help me.  Maybe steaks bone in?  I feel I need foods to appear somewhat natural.  For now I'll make it a raw eggs, a banana or an avocado when I can't find raw meat.  If I went more than a week without the meat, I'd have to find another place.  I need raw meat (or fish).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 06:43:29 pm »
    It sounds nice, but me personally, I don't think cooked grassfed burgers would help me.  Maybe steaks bone in?  I feel I need foods to appear somewhat natural.  For now I'll make it a raw eggs, a banana or an avocado when I can't find raw meat.  If I went more than a week without the meat, I'd have to find another place.  I need raw meat (or fish).

I agree. One of the things I've noticed is that I don't absorb the nutrients from cooked meats as well as from raw animal foods, so I usually opt for nonorganic fruits, instead. However, raw zero-carbers would presumably prefer eating the burger without the bun.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 02:21:57 pm »
    Yes.  Very good news. 

Makes me think I might never be low carb, as my body's preference too is very definitely raw over all else.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Flymaster

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 05:40:59 am »
................ and references to particular scottish breeds in the highlands(which are always grassfed). Now, maybe the animals are fed grains in the winter or whatever, but it's still an improvement.

I live in Scotland and can confirm that the vast majority of cattle are not grain fed in winter, they eat hay and silage gathered in the summer, sugar beets and turnips harvested in the autumn. 

When I first moved here I asked my village butcher if his beef was local and grass fed and he took me to the shop window, pointed to a far green hill with grazing cows and said 'those are the cattle I will have in the shop next month'.  I was reassured.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk