Author Topic: Paleo diet saved me!  (Read 2720 times)

Offline toure7

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo diet saved me!
« on: October 16, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »
Hello. My name is Nick and i am from Greece so sorry for my bad English.

I am 29 years old and for almost a year i had bloating, gas, constipation and diarrhea and i was feeling depressed. I had lactose intolerance but that was not the problem. I probably have coeliac disease or severe gluten intolerance. I did the coeliac disease test but it was negative but maybe because i had stopped eating bread for a while. Anyway i know that bread makes me sick so i am not willing to eat bread to test positive for a test. Even the smallest amount of bread will leave me sick for a week. And now i have not lactose intolerance(probably because i stopped eating grains). I can drink milk with no effect but i avoid drinking milk because i follow the paleo diet.

Before adopting the paleo diet i tried a vegan diet that almost killed me. I lost a lot of pounds , i had no energy and i was feeling like crap. Yes my gas and bloating were reduced but that's because i stopped eating wheat. But still i was not cured completely.

So the good news. They say that we are not designed to eat meat and animal fats . Please Vegans explain me why in ONE WEEK ,ONE WEEK of adopting the paleo diet i felt like a new human ,why i am not depressed, why i am not tired, why my gas and bloating and constipation are gone.

I am new to this diet so correct me if i am doing anything wrong.

Breakfast: 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 banana, 1 apple= 350 calories-60gr carbs-45gr fat-2gr protein
Lunch: 200gr ground chuck, lettuce with 3 tablespoons of olive oil . Also to make the ground chuck i mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 egg.= 1000 calories,  78gr fat, 50gr protein.
Dinner:the same but sometimes after workout i eat 300gr of white potato= 1370 calories-88gr fat- 60gr protein- 63gr carbs

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Paleo diet saved me!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 11:01:48 pm »
Do bear in mind that we are a raw, palaeolithic diet forum, not a cooked diet one. That said, most of us have done cooked-palaeo so can still advise you as to what to do with a cooked palaeodiet.I would avoid the olive oil as it is usually highly processed and the potato isn't really palaeo. Otherwise, for cooked-palaeo, that's fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk