Author Topic: Are rabbit droppings edible/paleo?  (Read 8506 times)

Offline Sally

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Are rabbit droppings edible/paleo?
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:03:06 am »
Hi guys,

I remember in grade 5 at a french-Canadian school watching an education video for kids where an Inuit boy was stuck outside in a storm.  In one of the scenes he came across rabbit droppings and began eating them ravenously.  During an intermission our teacher explained to us that rabbit droppings are a great survival food, and very nutritious.  I noticed that in french-Canadian culture discussion of eating animal feces and drinking animal urine for medicine are less taboo than in English speakers.  I can't find any sites on the internet promoting rabbit feces as a survival food, only vague reports of dangerous parasites/bacteria.  Was this just a wives tale?  Anyone have knowledge about this?
<<<<Biting is not the Answer>>>>>

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Are rabbit droppings edible/paleo?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:09:10 am »
I hear the taste is really shitty.  I think I will pass.  Urine therapy is about as taboo as I get.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:19:05 am »
Industry feeds chicken poop to fish ponds and pigs
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 01:36:55 pm »
Hmmm... I have rabbits.  All I know about rabbit turds is that once in while they will produce a cluster of droppings that they will then eat for it's probiotic properties.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 09:03:16 pm »
When there were still cows in the fields next to where I live, I would walk my dog over there and she would eat the fresh cow shit. The other owners didn't allow their dogs to do the same  l)

My guessing was she ate it for the fibers and all the good stuff she wasn't getting from her raw meat diet. When carnivores eat an animal, they also eat its guts where all the predigested/ fermented vegetables are left. Maybe that's why she was attracted to it.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 10:31:23 am »
I have rabbits that are feed mostly grass and vegetables and the droppings taste like earthy grass. Real clean but not very appealing, being mostly dry plant fibers.

I am mixing the droppings in with my compost heap which has scraps from my butchering, and vegetable wast from my girlfriends juice bar, and hay from my chicken coop... in the spring I am going to have the best soil ever for my raised garden beds
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 02:35:32 pm »
From what I read, rabbits eat their droppings. That is not  the dried out pellets which presumably are the result of a second trip through the rabbit's gut, but the cecotropes which  are moist and just predigested hay/grass which has gone through the rabbit's gut once. In theory, because the cecotropes are fermented they would be "less worse" to eat than the dried out pellets, the latter being the toxic remains gotten rid of by the body. That said, we humans are not designed to eat grass or hay, however fermented, and eating what has just gone through a rabbit's gut  is just not palatable. Plus, the rabbit needs this food.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:15:31 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 02:50:11 pm »
whoa interesting tyler
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 09:36:41 am »
I have rabbits that are feed mostly grass and vegetables and the droppings taste like earthy grass. Real clean but not very appealing, being mostly dry plant fibers.

I am mixing the droppings in with my compost heap which has scraps from my butchering, and vegetable wast from my girlfriends juice bar, and hay from my chicken coop... in the spring I am going to have the best soil ever for my raised garden beds

I'd add some minerals like dolomite (or raw crushed bone), and some seaweed emulsion for trace minerals.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 08:36:39 am »
Not sure I would make a habit of it but Aajonus of course suggested eating the intestines of butchered cattle, provided of course it was grass fed etc. probiotics was the reason. I once had a dropping from a rabbit and I lived to tell the tale. If the rabbit was eating pellets or something unnatural then I would stay away from it

AV and his crowd told tales of PPL with some pretty serious issues who 'got healthy' from eating the cattle intestines.

Urine therapy (has been discussed here many times) may gross some out, but it is legit and very useful for persons with chronic disorders. Probably a raw diet would be better choice, but I am not chronically sick, so I cannot say.
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 01:07:18 pm »
Ive been making blendec smoothies with sheep stomach and intestines. It turns into a pudding which I find quite good.

I have only been eating it for the last month, but from what I can tell, it has the potential to be an extremely nourishing super food, which may help people with gut and digestive issues.

I have a hunch that a three week stomach smoothie fast could even heal many digestive disorders such as ulcers, crones, irritable bowl, leaky gut, etc!

Though, I may have difficulty in finding someone to back any studies which would prove my hypothesis!
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk