Author Topic: Introducing  (Read 2939 times)

Offline BillyF

• Forager
    • View Profile
Introducing
« on: November 12, 2014, 06:24:36 pm »
Hello to all.

I'm a former athlete. After my ankle injury I was forced to quit with exercising and then my weight struggle began. I could manage in the beginning, but after I got office work, my weight rocketed to the 210 lbs (I'm 6'1''). I heard about Paleo and I'm here to see if I'm suitable for this diet.
Cheers!

Billy

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »
After my ankle injury I was forced to quit with exercising...

Welcome to the Raw Paleo Diet forum. Nobody should be forced to quit exercise. Ask your doctor or physical therapist to teach you how to exercise with your current limitations. For example, I swim at a pool that has an entry ramp so that people in wheelchairs (made of plastic) can roll right down the ramp to get into a pool for exercise. My gym has a handbike for people who cannot pedal with their legs. Even yoga and pilates can be practiced while confined to a bed.

As far as diet, any paleo guidelines will cut out the foods you don't want to be eating anyway, and raw keeps those foods you eat in the best possible condition for your body. Read the newbie sections of this forum and start right away.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Introducing
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:25:24 am »
I have read in the old healer books that really obese people are cured by going paleo diet of this type:

Full fat Animal food + Vegetables

No honey no sugar
No sweet fruit
No grains
No starches like potatoes or sweet potatoes

So yes, raw paleo diet is optimal of that sort, but if you are just a beginner, start with cooked paleo diet and gradually go raw to adjust.

Once you are adjusted to raw, your body will love it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:47:06 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk