Author Topic: More proof re Neanderthals interbreeding with humans  (Read 1249 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
More proof re Neanderthals interbreeding with humans
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:11:16 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2684782/100-000-year-old-human-skull-China-unique-ear-provides-evidence-interbreeding-wiped-Neanderthals.html

I find it amusing that, as soon as there was any certainty of   modern humans possessing Neanderthal DNA, then the original notion that Neanderthals were stupid quickly got discredited. A touch of human hubris there.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: More proof re Neanderthals interbreeding with humans
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:47 am »
I find it amusing that, as soon as there was any certainty of   modern humans possessing Neanderthal DNA, then the original notion that Neanderthals were stupid quickly got discredited. A touch of human hubris there.....
Yup, and the artistic representations of Neanderthals seem to look more and more like modern Europoids, and with less-dumb looks on their faces, with each new bit of evidence linking them to us. It's hilarious to compare the most recent renditions to much earlier ones and see the huge differences. It reveals how much opinion and BS goes into artist renditions.

1910's:

Mid 1900's:

2004:

ca. 2007:

The ‘evolution’ of Neanderthals over the last 100 years says more about us
Posted on 5 Apr 2012 by Lee Rimmer
http://www.abroadintheyard.com/evolution-of-neanderthals-over-last-100-years-says-more-about-us/
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: More proof re Neanderthals interbreeding with humans
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 11:11:15 pm »
Hmm, the above article at least pushes interbreeding between Neanderthals and humans to 100,000 years ago. What would interest me is if evidence was shown of other hominids interbreeding at a much earlier date.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk