Author Topic: Raw fat sources  (Read 6375 times)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raw fat sources
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:55:34 pm »
What are your usual sources for raw fat? Any effects from specific foods described would be appreciated.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw fat sources
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:25:16 am »
I prefer raw tongue most of all, with raw marrow a close second. I hate raw suet even though it's the easiest raw fat to get hold of.

I don't find any specific effects from them in the short term, but in the long-term I have greatly benefitted from them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:58:24 am »
I eat lamb's brain, tongue, suet, and the fat around the belly usually. When I can get it, I also eat beef suet and bone marrow, but that's only once every two months or so.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:03:52 am »
how does the lamb and beef compare? I've tried pork, buffalo, and beef (slankers). The beef seems the dryest, most tasteless, and hardest to digest (for me).

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 01:06:10 am »
What about purer sources of fat like suet? Do they give problematic effects? I think it would probably be best for me to mix the concentrated fats with meat for now as much as possible.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 01:08:51 am »
how does the lamb and beef compare? I've tried pork, buffalo, and beef (slankers). The beef seems the dryest, most tasteless, and hardest to digest (for me).

I'm guessing you mean beef fat?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 01:10:56 am »
woops, yes I was referring to suet exclusively between those animals.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 01:13:14 am »
Egg yolks seem to work fine for me.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 05:28:16 am »
I find the beef suet I get much tastier. I love the taste of it and it doesn't give me any problems.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:14:20 pm »
What about purer sources of fat like suet? Do they give problematic effects? I think it would probably be best for me to mix the concentrated fats with meat for now as much as possible.
  Marrow works fine. But (poor-quality) suet has often led to poor absorption for me, with me having to go to the bathroom/toilet within hours. A few others have reported the same sort of issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 02:58:10 am »
me and my toddler has a problem to digest beef fat. i tried raw lamd fat before and i liked them very much. besides that, my toddler eats raw brain, butter, tongue, bone marrows, very fatty meat, yolks, glands...etc. as a source of raw fat.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 02:49:42 am »
Is goose fat a good source of fat?
Morrison's supermarket sells glass jars of the stuff.
I thought it might be an easy way of upping my fat intake, or is it too good to be true?
The product name is 'Morrisons The Best Goose Fat'. The only thing that i can think of that might be a problem is the quality of the geese that it came from.
Any thoughts?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 03:34:55 am »
I've asked about goose fat in jars and was told it was rendered. That sounds logical. Very few are prepared to sell genuinely raw fats.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 06:37:41 am »
me and my toddler has a problem to digest beef fat. i tried raw lamd fat before and i liked them very much. besides that, my toddler eats raw brain, butter, tongue, bone marrows, very fatty meat, yolks, glands...etc. as a source of raw fat.

Maybe you should take that as a hint that you're eating too much fat...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk