Author Topic: The Sacred Hunt  (Read 2688 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
The Sacred Hunt
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:37 am »
Pretty good videos that fellow carnivores may be interested in (I excerpted by favorite parts):

The Sacred Hunt
Randall L. Eaton, PhD, professor of zoology, psychology, wildlife and humanities, author of The Sacred Hunt: Hunting As a Sacred Path
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfzkGB8kZaE

"By looking across the country here I think about my great-great-grandfather. He didn't have no tea, no sugar, no flour, no vegetables, [inaudible]. God made this world and there was nothing, and when he done that, he put the animals in this world, and these animals have to eat the leaves, the [inaudible], whatever there is, and God put medicine in there. That's what the animals live on, the medicine. So when we eat that [the animals], that help our body to be strong and healthy." --Peter John, Athabascan people

"The old Lakota was wise, He knew that man's heart, away from nature, becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans too." --Luther Standing Bear (c.1868-1939)

The Sacred Hunt II: the Right of Passage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWvP2KHZeU&feature=related

"A long time before our time people used to know what to take and what not to take." --Peter John, Athabascan people

"As civilization becomes the primary mode of living, people lose their connection with the land, and with it those sacred values that bond man to man, family to family and human to the divine. We've lost family life because we've lost community, real society. We've lost community because we no longer share a direct link to the earth. Contrary to the assertions of historians, most civilizations have died from abuse of their environment. City people take for granted the creatures that sustain their life. When they no longer find themselves in a community that respects the earth or sees it as sacred, disintegration is inevitable. For the present round of civilization, the industrial revolution was the final blow, as it pulled the vast majority of people from the farms to the cities. Boys started growing up without men in their lives and it's been downhill ever since for society and the environment." --Randall Eaton, PhD
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk