Author Topic: Anyone use a shower filter? Recommendations?  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
Anyone use a shower filter? Recommendations?
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:07:04 am »
So, it's about time my family gets a shower filter. Personally, I haven't showered in over 2 months now (yeah, sounds gross?), but I feel much better this way and surprisingly I really don't smell bad according to my family. Anyway, I'm thinking of showering occasionally and for the sake of everyone in my family, I want to get a shower filter.

What kind of shower filter do you use? What do you recommend? I'm looking into the Vitamin C ones, they seem to work very well..

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Anyone use a shower filter? Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:15:40 am »
I used to have one.
Then I didn't bother to get a new one.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 02:54:46 pm »
What do you recommend? I'm looking into the Vitamin C ones, they seem to work very well..

Where did you see them?

I use one, when I shower, usually ... did I say when I shower?  I plan to shower in a few hours.  I'm traveling though and don't have a filter on me.  I'll try to post here when I see which one we have at home.  I think it costs about $80.00.  It uses cartridge refills.  I don't know if it's the best or even anywhere near best.  I want to minimize chlorine inhalation though.  I don't like the feel of that.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 04:58:11 pm »
I use a basic one from Home Depot. Takes out chlorine, but not much else

It has been 4 days for me right now, I feel that standing outside in the wind works better then coating myself in fluoride, pharmaceuticals, and pee pee.
2 months?! oh damn...  :o
If you can pull it off then I support you.
I met a gal last weekend who works for a water testing operation, governmental I think.
She says they are always testing high, everywhere. The only thing they do is document it and sometimes, if it is causing noticeable problems, shuts off that pathway. The city water system is pretty gross, she assured me.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:37 am »
I also improve my health by having "no shower" for the past 2 months. I clean my hair every week and use enormous amount of water after using the toilet. My concern is also how can I get good toilet water. My three yrs old son also doesn't take shower. When he does, I put fresh wheatgrass in the water. For everyone, I can say that if you put wheatgrass or any wild grass in the water, that will help you a lot. In third world, people swim in the river or in the pond, everyday; it's not only the diet, we need to change our entire lifestyle to achieve good health.
bugs or country chickens

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:38:28 am »
That is a great idea... finding a hot spring just got bumped up on my list of things to do.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 09:02:23 am »
   Where did you see them?

I use one, when I shower, usually ... did I say when I shower?  I plan to shower in a few hours.  I'm traveling though and don't have a filter on me.  I'll try to post here when I see which one we have at home.  I think it costs about $80.00.  It uses cartridge refills.  I don't know if it's the best or even anywhere near best.  I want to minimize chlorine inhalation though.  I don't like the feel of that.

I just read about them online and saw some on amazon..

So, I picked up a quartz based shower filter for $30 from the Vitamin Cottage in one of the next few towns just so I can at least take a shower knowing I won't be completely drenched in chlorine. I might be investing in a better one soon, perhaps one that uses vitamin c..

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:32:07 pm »
I use the Rainshow'r brand, forgot what model it is and doesn't seem to say ont he unit. it was around $80, and I think should stretch to one years use for someone that lives alone and doesn't shower more than 10 mins daily.

http://www.rainshowermfg.com/

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:19:06 pm »
I live on a farm and we have well water, it is the best thing ever to me since I grew up in the suburbs and always had disgusting city water. Now I can easily smell the municipal chemicals in the city water and Ill have nothing to do with it. The last year that I lived in the burbs there in central MN I stopped using my shower all together and was bathing in the local lake. Unfortunately that's not ideal since I'm sure pesticides run in to there but it's got to be wayyyyy better than city water. Obviously bathing in the lake or a river isn't an option year round, but certainly if you're in the burbs I'd take advantage of it during the warm season. Otherwise, if showering in municipal water it is absolutely essential to use a filter....better yet dig yourself a well!

Also I'm curious to know more about not showering. I don't use store  bought cosmetics like shampoo anymore, the most I will use is apple cider vinegar to clean my hair. But still I'd like to get down to either no shower, or only a shower with not even the ACV. I keep reading that if you go long enough without washing your hair with shampoo it will even out and not get oily, but that hasn't been the case for me so i don't know if I just haven't stuck with it long enough. Any advice? If I were able to go feral then it wouldn't be an issue, I'd be more inclined to let my hair even out oil-wise but when you have to participate in "civilized" society where you're judged heavily on appearance it's a little more troublesome. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk