Author Topic: Tighter tendons?  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Tighter tendons?
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:31:29 am »
Question to zero carbers.   Have any of you experienced a tightening of your body's tendons, giving you better posture, structure, speed, and/or explosiveness?  Has anybody experienced any pain symptom relief from zc or tightening of their tendons?
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Tighter tendons?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:42 am »
I am glad you're bringing this up because I thought I was the only 1 that noticed this.
I've been primal for 1.6 years and my skin is tight and hard, not soft and flabby anymore.
Everything tightened up it seems, which is good because I used to be a chronic dislocator !
Finally had my right shoulder fixed, but my left one was still lose. Since going primal that seemed to have fixed itself. Shoulder joint appears tighter and I don't have the feeling anymore that I'm going to dislocate the joint. With that same arm I can now lift heavy things and not feel the joint slide around, ready to give out.
Also, my feet, ankles and hands are tough as heck. I used to have soft, fragile hands and feet. Now my feet feel like the consistency of turkey feet, I'm not kidding, they're tough!
Everything seems to have grown tighter onto bones, including the muscles.
This might sound weird but even my head and face seems tougher...lol.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:13:33 am »
I don't have the feeling anymore that I'm going to dislocate the joint. With that same arm I can now lift heavy things and not feel the joint slide around, ready to give out.
Also, my feet, ankles and hands are tough as heck.

I had that too.  As a vegan and before my knees used to go out etc, but with raw animal foods that does not happen.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:19:59 am »
Yes, tighter tendons, reduced subluxation of joins, improved skin elasticity, pain elimination, etc. after I eliminated wheat and other grains, pasteurized dairy, legumes, sugars (other than raw fermented honey) and fruit juices, cooked tubers and all nightshades, winter squashes, and most fruits (except organic and wild berries, fresh figs, wild grapes and small amounts of other fruits).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 02:50:11 pm »
My husband used to tell me that I was made out of wax. So he used to call me wax doll. Now he is pinching on my muscles and saying that he couldn't believe my improvements. I totally transformed infront of his eyes and inspired him so much that he started eating complete raw paleo.
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk