Author Topic: what will happen when one switches from LC to high-fruit?  (Read 4958 times)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
what will happen when one switches from LC to high-fruit?
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:30:08 pm »
I have been doing LC/VLC RP for more than 3 months and have had little fruit. What will happen to me physcially if I switch to a high-fruit diet? Could I become water-logged for days?

BTW, I do not think I reap much health benefit from my LC experiment. I did enjoy it. I like sweet fruit very much too.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: what will happen when one switches from LC to high-fruit?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:17:20 pm »
I have not noticed much difference. Well, that is, my appetite increases if I increase my carb-intake. I guess I would eventually get minor  blood-sugar-issues if I ate 100% raw plants for several weeks but I haven't done that since going rawpalaeo.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:30:19 am »
I wouldn't go from LC to high-carb suddenly.  Probably give yourself at least 2 weeks to transition.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:01:28 am »
I have not noticed much difference. Well, that is, my appetite increases if I increase my carb-intake. I guess I would eventually get minor  blood-sugar-issues if I ate 100% raw plants for several weeks but I haven't done that since going rawpalaeo.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 07:02:20 am »
I wouldn't go from LC to high-carb suddenly.  Probably give yourself at least 2 weeks to transition.

And the reason for that is ____________

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 07:09:04 am »
And the reason for that is ____________
Well he does have a point. When I was RVLC for very long periods, I found that if I consumed any amount of carbs that I would get problems with digestion etc. This was because carbs require different digestive juices/enzymes/bacteria etc. from raw animal foods. When one is eating very few carbs for a long time, the bacteria needed to digest those carbs eventually dies out in your gut, and then you get problems. I don't think that this is an issue if one is RLC, as opposed to RVLC.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:20:44 am »
Well just thinking about it, it wouldn't seem like a good choice to go cold turkey. I think it would be best to ease into the high fruit.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 12:50:53 pm »
Thanks to all for advice.

I had one big raw fruit/salad meal about once every three weeks in the past four months, usually on the occasion of buffet socials. I did not experience digestive problems. Maybe my carb digestive enzymes/bacteria have never  retired?

The reason I am thinking of "going cold turkey" to high-raw-fruit is that I hope to eat raw animal flesh as much as possible until the moment I leave U.S. (the land of bountifulness) and fly to Taiwan, where I do not expect to be able to eat raw quality animal flesh for a couple of weeks (I have to do research on animal food there and I will have a string of socials and short trips to different cities...)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:57:33 pm by Joy2012 »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:46:16 pm »
as long as i am eating the few types of carbs that work for me, it doesn't see to matter for me if i go cold turkey with or without carbs for periods of time.  i don't know why though, this doesn't seem to be the experience of others.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 02:01:43 pm »
as long as i am eating the few types of carbs that work for me, it doesn't see to matter for me if i go cold turkey with or without carbs for periods of time.  i don't know why though, this doesn't seem to be the experience of others.

Maybe these few types of carb you eat have few allergens?  What are these few types of carb?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk