Members' Journals > Journals

GoodSamaritan's Experiments

<< < (2/72) > >>

William:

--- Quote from: Nicola on July 10, 2009, 07:31:01 pm ---Lex, I thought that with meat the body would be converting the protein to glucose like you said?

Nicola

--- End quote ---

According to Phinney and Mercola, this is only a problem with excess protein.

Nicola:

--- Quote from: William on July 10, 2009, 08:16:53 pm ---According to Phinney and Mercola, this is only a problem with excess protein.

--- End quote ---

May be, but it is not natural to weigh meat and fat and all the rest of the "numbers" zerocarb's do to get "it" right. Some say you need lots of fat and those that do it gain weight, feel sick...or the other story about fat for bowel movements???

Nicola

Josh:
Good luck mate. Will be interesting to see how it works for you, as you're coming from all raw already.

akaikumo:

--- Quote from: Nicola on July 10, 2009, 07:31:01 pm ---Lex, I thought that with meat the body would be converting the protein to glucose like you said?

Nicola

--- End quote ---

The liver converts a percentage of protein to glucose, because a few cell types in the body require glucose to function.

Otherwise, once transitioned to zero-carb, the body is running on ketones not glucose.

TylerDurden:
I would suggest a 5-6 week trial. By that stage, you should have a good idea as to  whether it's a success or a failure re health.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version