Author Topic: OUR 100th MEMBER, SQUALL - WELCOME  (Read 6082 times)

Offline Waungata

• Trapper
  • Neander Valley
    • View Profile
OUR 100th MEMBER, SQUALL - WELCOME
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:13:03 am »
Welcome Squall! You are our 100th member! Time to celebrate! Let's hear some cheers! Unga Bunga! Me spear bison and we feast!    
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:31:48 am by Craig »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: OUR 100th MEMBER, SQUALL - WELCOME
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:14:06 am »
Hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squall, you're officially awesome. Welcome.

BTW, is your user name from final fantasy?

Satya

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:16:44 am »
Good going everyone on making this celebration mark!  This is such a cool place to hang, ya know?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:19:46 am by Satya »

xylothrill

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:33:50 am »
Welcome aboard Squall! Now, what kind of prize does Squall win?

Craig

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:28:10 am »
Holy crap!

I've never had a welcome like that from joining a forum. I think this may be my favorite already.

Anyways, thx for the welcome. Here's a little bit about me:

I've been fooling around with RAF since last May. Unfortunately literature on eating cute animals raw is pretty lacking, so AV's two books were all I could find. Needless to say, raw dairy and honey and what not just don't work for me. Its cool if they work for others and I'm not gonna bash AV or anything, but I need something more I think. Plus I never could reconcile the hunter-gatherer diet with milking cows, aggravating bees, etc. I'm pretty sure our distant ancestors had better things to do lol.

I've had some major digestive issues that I believe have spilled over to other parts of my life since 2003. I went on deployment (navy) in that year and was forced to eat some seriously crappy food. Well, I guess I chose too, but the alternative was to starve. Screw that. Oh yeah, they made sure to inject my ass full of anthrax and smallpox on that deployment--for my protection--and I'm sure that wasn't good for me either. Since then I've had sleep problems, distended abdomen, acid reflux, dry skin, lack of focus and concentration, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, eye floaters, spider veins ... yada yada yada. Each year seems to get worse, although as of yet these problems only seem to be minor. I'd like to keep it that way and possibly reverse some of these others. Which brings me here.

I've tried fruit/veggie diet, cooked paleo, blood type, and raw a`la AV diet. My body appears to be getting pickier and pickier about what I eat, so I'm not sure what I'll do if raw paleo doesn't pan out lol. Here's to hoping that you guys and this forum are what I need! Thanks again for the awesome welcome, guys!

@boxcarguy07, my screen name is not related to FF, actually. Just something new that sounded kinda cool  ;D
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:10:04 pm »
Wow, that's some crazy stuff...
Reminds me of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7M_TZpQiIY

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:22 pm »
Welcome, Squall. if you have digestive issues you might consider going in for things like "EM" products in order to build up your bacteria and aid digestion. "High-meat" is also an option but you may want to leave that for later. You might also consider some extra digestive enzymes. They're not usually needed on a rawpalaeo diet, unsurprisingly, but some people have seriously compromised digestive systems, and some RPDers feel the need to take eznymes before the occasional meal of cooked-foods.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:51:46 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:04:09 am »
Greetings.

My body became more picky with food as I started to change my diet as well. Even if I wanted to I don't know if I could comfortably (as much as it can be) go back to SAD. Maybe if I worked into it and gave it time, but I would initially be pretty messed up.

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:49:34 pm »
I'm guessing that "EM" means Effective Micro-organisms or something around there?

What's a good source for these, anyway. I know that they're pretty easy to get a hold of, but lots of stuff with questionable potency is I think. I'm thinking the local Whole Foods is not the place to go?

I remember when I first started looking into RAF I cam across this sight:

http://www.wysong.net/

At first it talked about pets, but then he went off on human nutrition, eskimos, fermented meat, caribou intestines, and other stuff. Lots of raw talk. At some point I found links to probiotics, which the site was big on. Can't find any concrete links at the moment.

What did you guys use in your early phases if anything?
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:20:23 pm »
Here's a relevant info-page on effective microorganisms:-

http://www.eminfo.info/

When I first started I was forced to age some raw organs for a day or two outside(wrapped in plastic), as my teeth were so loose from years on cooked diets/raw vegan diets that I was terrifed of losing them if I chewed meat that was too tough. Then, after 3 years, I got up the courage to try high-meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk