Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Suggestion Box

New forum software?

<< < (3/6) > >>

cherimoya_kid:

--- Quote from: lb_on_the_cb on September 19, 2015, 04:58:54 am ---its easier for me to make sense of the posts if the time zone is set to my local.

i see that option and others are available to me now, maybe 25 or 30 posts is the minimum.
advertising to draw more users would be great too.  Raw for sure is the way to go for maximum health and maybe Paleo as well.  This site should have hundreds of daily users, maybe thousands.

--- End quote ---

We used to be a lot busier. I'm not sure ads would draw more users. Why do you think it would?

TylerDurden:
The sad truth is that we have integrity. If we really wanted to expand our diet's profile, we would be selling all sorts of rawpalaeo-friendly superfoods/supplements in order to attract the gullible, etc.

Hmm, there was a big increase in interest in raw food diets for dogs  and cats as a result of that mass Chinese pet-food-poisoning scandal some years ago.

eveheart:

--- Quote from: lb_on_the_cb on September 19, 2015, 04:58:54 am ---advertising to draw more users would be great too.  Raw for sure is the way to go for maximum health and maybe Paleo as well.  This site should have hundreds of daily users, maybe thousands.

--- End quote ---

Advertising, as in offering products and/or services for sale? I'm guessing that's not your intent, since we eat whole raw foods and use a minimum of other stuff. Or are you suggesting we simply announce our existence?

lb_on_the_cb:

--- Quote from: cherimoya_kid on September 19, 2015, 05:08:08 am ---We used to be a lot busier. I'm not sure ads would draw more users. Why do you think it would?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: eveheart on September 19, 2015, 07:41:05 am ---Advertising, as in offering products and/or services for sale? I'm guessing that's not your intent, since we eat whole raw foods and use a minimum of other stuff. Or are you suggesting we simply announce our existence?

--- End quote ---

im talking about ads like if someone uses a search engine and they search on say raw meat or raw milk or whatever other relevant words, then a link to this forum shows up in the sponsored area.  that would probably be the most cost effective.  And then on the site you could serve relevant ads (or also Amazon shop-thru links) as a way to pay for the advertising.  If it worked it might be like a snowball rolling down hill and you keep increasing users and ad revenue as well.

eveheart:

--- Quote from: lb_on_the_cb on September 19, 2015, 10:14:35 am ---im talking about ads like if someone uses a search engine and they search on say raw meat or raw milk or whatever other relevant words, then a link to this forum shows up in the sponsored area.  that would probably be the most cost effective.  And then on the site you could serve relevant ads (or also Amazon shop-thru links) as a way to pay for the advertising.  If it worked it might be like a snowball rolling down hill and you keep increasing users and ad revenue as well.

--- End quote ---

Relevant ads?

I found this forum as a search engine result, but not as a sponsored ad. I do buy stuff on amazon, but nothing that I would consider raw paleo. Of everything I've learned here, I don't think my knowledge would have been enhanced by the forum having a revenue stream. And if sales of our raw mackerel-head smoothies does turn into a snowball rolling down hill, what about our members who don't eat frozen precipitation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version