Author Topic: Why cooked paleo reportedly is healing to many?  (Read 39041 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Why cooked paleo reportedly is healing to many?
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2012, 08:23:47 am »
Robb Wolf reported two successful remissions of Huntington's Disease, which is regarded as an incurable genetic disorder, with a standard (cooked) gluten free paleo diet.
"Huntington's Disease: a devastating, hereditary, degenerative brain disorder for which there is, at present, no cure and only one FDA-approved treatment (Xenazine) for a symptom of HD."
What is Huntington's Disease (HD)?
http://www.hdsa.org/about/our-mission/what-is-hd.html
Robb Wolf September 20, 2011 at 12:43 pm
http://robbwolf.com/2011/09/13/the-paleo-solution-episode-97/
"Scott-
We had 2 examples of folks with early on-set, aggressive HD [Huntington's Disease] see remission with a standard gluten free paleo diet. I do not think ketosis is necessary, we suspect gluten cross reactivity/transglutaminase issues are at play here. We have a clear direction to go with clinical trials…and no way to fund it. Yet. the autoimmune protocol in the book or downloads section is all these folks need to get going. 30 days will determine if it works or not."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 05:37:39 am »
Cooked meat is poison in my body.

I stopped eating meat for over a year because I would get constipated everytime I did. Then a year later, about a couple months ago, I had a piece of cooked pork; it invoked a serious immune system response, the piece of cooked pork did not stay and digest in my stomach, the meat got dumped in my intestines right away like my body did not want the cooked meat in my body, then bloating, stinking gas, nauseous headache and a painful feeling in my heart followed.

It took me a couple months to get the courage to try meat again; especially raw meat. I did tonight. Raw ground beef from France. Its digesting wonderfully!

I'm very glad. I have a lot to learn about raw paleo now.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »
Hi Phil and Tyler,

I think we all can agree, that IF every person could have access to the best healer, the best chef, the best resources, and not have any yucky inhibitions..

Raw Paleo Diets will always win out.

Where Cooked Paleo diets is a transition thing or for those who cannot get over the hump of yucky attitudes to raw meats.

Where temporary Raw Veganism may be used for detox.

It all works out in the hands of skilled healers and skilled healers will use whatever works at what point in time.  I'm probably speaking for myself and my friend Vander. 

Yes, there are times when rawish / cookish paleo diet will already give benefits and healing.

Yes, there are times when absolutely raw paleo diet is needed.

I think Tyler is speaking from his experience that he gets tummy aches from cooked meat.  Yes, I get that too if I eat too much cooked meat.  Even my own children know and have experienced raw paleo is just the thing that does the job when cooked paleo cannot.

I think if sick people had access to perfect information... or as much information and experience as we have... we can draw them a map of how these various diets work... us being experienced poly-dieters.... so with the map they know where things can lead to.

Maybe we can start drawing our EXPERIENCED mental maps on how these diets work out.

Rawsamaritan, i would like to ask why raw paleo cured your eczema, but cooked paleo did not? What is the scientific reasoning behind it?

Has anyone on this forum (or are there reports) of people treating acne and Seborrheic dermatitis with cooked paleo? I know people have treated acne with cooked paleo (insulin responses, gluten sensitivity)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2012, 02:37:05 pm »
I think rawness is more important when it comes to fatty meats than many other foods, and I think that's something we agree on, so rawness might be especially important to an animal that is biologically adapted to a mostly meat diet, such as cats and dogs. Plus, by feeding them raw it eliminates the biologically inappropriate foods from their diet like grains and other foods that require heating and processing. Thus, raw diets also contain a substantial component of Paleo that many rawists overlook when they attribute most or all of their healing to rawness rather than Paleo (biologically appropriate foods). There's also so much overlap that it's difficult to completely separate the two, and thus the arguments will likely be endless, but I've seen firsthand some remarkable success stories from cooked Paleo and read about countless others.
Yeah, a lot of people are put off by the idea of raw Paleo. Cooked Paleo is less offputting to most people I've encountered, and from there they can bridge to less damaging forms of cooking, then introduce some raw animal foods and then maybe finally try fully or high raw Paleo some day. I have gradually seen more of the cooked Paleos considering these things and I think we will see more of them try out these steps over time.

So are you interested in seeing the reports re: Grave's disease from Wolf's site, Adora?

is grilling a safe form of cooking?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:03 pm »
No, grilling is one of the worst forms of cooking. Boiling in water is the "least worse" type of cooking.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »
is grilling a safe form of cooking?

When our household grills we use a smoke less grill, it's a hot plate really with "fins".
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2012, 07:56:17 am »
No, grilling is one of the worst forms of cooking. Boiling in water is the "least worse" type of cooking.

I'd say steaming is even less of a problem.  It still kills good bacteria, but I don't think it reduces any nutrients. Light steaming probably doesn't even create AGEs or other heat-created toxins.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2012, 07:20:35 pm »
I eat lightly cooked wildcaught fish occasionally. I cook it in just a little water and just enough to get cooked, like one or two minutes. I add salt, curcumin and black pepper.
I never recognised anything bad after eating this. I usually do it with saithe because it taste not good raw and is prefrozen but wildcaught and very cheap. When ready I add a big spoon of raw coconut oil on the top. Yummy.
I use 400 gram for me alone and that makes me so nicely satiated about 5 hours or longer.
This agrees with my body so much better than any rawfood-gourmet-creations with lots of nuts and seeds and fruits.. or vegetables..

Inger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk