Author Topic: New palaeo claim re genetic adaptation  (Read 3062 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New palaeo claim re genetic adaptation
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:25:44 am »
I was under the impression that the latest stance is that man evolved somewhere in Asia. Are we back to Africa being the originator of man?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:48:56 am »
I was under the impression that the latest stance is that man evolved somewhere in Asia. Are we back to Africa being the originator of man?
Given the most recent article I just posted in the science section today, it seems that there were multiple origins of Man around the globe, despite the above article. However, you are right, there was some  news  article a while back suggesting that apemen originated in Asia millions of years ago and only then went to Africa. As regards the above article, it is somewhat behind the times, I just posted it as it was palaeolithic-oriented, not because I am personally  convinced of the authenticity of its claims.It is a view like any other...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:07:06 am »
I always believed man originated from outer space and instead of evolving from monkeys, he devolved into them through interbreeding by my own unique "theory of devolution".

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 05:39:35 am »
I always believed man originated from outer space and instead of evolving from monkeys, he devolved into them through interbreeding by my own unique "theory of devolution".
Then you will  love Von Daeniken's and Michael Tellinger's   "works"....
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 05:59:53 am »
Cool! You mean I'm not the only one that thinks that way? I googled Von Daniken's and Michael Tellinger's "works" and found this video. Haven't watched it yet so don't blame me if it sucks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4x08xQ8x2M

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 06:02:50 am »
Oh. Chariots of the Gods. I've heard of that before.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:15:16 am »
Oh. Chariots of the Gods. I've heard of that before.

It's the usual nonsense. Velikovsky started these  absurd , er "theories" and Von Daeniken et al continued with them. Basically, the whole notion they espouse is that ancient humans were simply too stupid to be able to build giant statues/pyramids/stone-walls(take your pick) and that either ancient, mythical Lemurian/Atlantean civilisations or all-wise aliens were instead responsible. Yet the evidence is somewhat sparse(!) in these authors' favour, and , every now and then, we even  find that ancient humans actually outperformed  modern humans  with regard to diet and many other areas.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 06:50:02 am »
It doesn't really sound all that absurd to me. More like. “Which came first the chicken or the egg?” Perhaps the reason ancient humans outperformed modern humans is because we are devolving. If not on an intellectual level at least on a physical one. Though I always felt that mind and body were one. Ironic that as our collective intelligence increases our individual intelligence seems to be decreasing proportionally to our physical strength. Reminds me of Pottenger's cats!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk