Author Topic: Foods to avoid for getting ripped  (Read 11243 times)

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Foods to avoid for getting ripped
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:29:50 pm »
If i want to really get leaned out should i eliminate milk, and coconut milk?
Would there be a difference between cow and goat milk for achieving a lean hard body?

I like the leangains approach, he recommends 16hrs fasting a day with 8hour feeding window
workout days is high carb, low fat
rest days is low carb, high fat
both are very high protein at least 1g/1lb bodyweight

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Foods to avoid for getting ripped
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:45 pm »
To get ripped you need to reduce fat while keeping carbs and proteins same, so that your body is forced to use the stored fat.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:47:00 pm »
To get ripped you need to reduce fat while keeping carbs and proteins same, so that your body is forced to use the stored fat.

And what if you keep eating high fat low carb just get the calories slightly under maintenance and create calorie deficit each week??

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:02:13 am »
Would there be a difference between cow and goat milk for achieving a lean hard body?

I like the leangains approach, he recommends 16hrs fasting a day with 8hour feeding window

Ayurveda says that you take on the properties of the food you eat, so since a goat is lean consume goat milk.
Cheers
Al

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:44 am »

What? you mean cutting your carbs, and upping your protein and fat? Or why would you cut fat?

If you have lots of lipophilic tissue then you're going to want to all but cut your carbs and get your calories from fat and protein, maybe some carbs from veggies(non-root/tuber). Then when you're the leaness you want to be, you can determine how many carbs you can eat without beginning to store fat.

Or if you have a different take alpha or if I'm missing something I'd like to know. My body won't store fat, period, so I'm just working off the best 'science' I know of which says people predisposed to storing fat (lipophilic) have to avoid carbs though they can eat all the fat and protein they want, especially if it's all raw.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:46:59 am »
as long as we are just throwing out wacky and un-self tested hypothesis here per usual....any kind of deficit that allows for training with sufficient protein should work.

Usually when people say ripped they mean both big and ripped I guess... ( if not then.. just the above) :

You can get pretty lean eating higher fat (on a deficit) but whether it is optimal for getting big would be more doubtful or traditionally frowned upon. Ketosis in particular is catabolic..etc...

If one just means leaning out, and if people are training heavy on this type of diet, odds are they are in a deficit which is not good for mass.
Also even when eating "alot of meat" compared to other folks, with carbs like fruit ( for factors that arn't as clear). If people want to share their physical results showing otherwise...it would be interesting to see. Eliminating foods that work for health or training probably wouldn't be a good idea, except maybe partitioning them better. Anecdotally, It seems to work well for strength regardless, but that is another convo.

If you search around LG is not all smiles and sunshine and success stories. Basically the general idea of being in a deficit and then being in a surplus with a proper (specific) training and good nutrtion should do the trick over time. If you get fat in the process, its pretty easy to cut on a nutrient dense raw diet IMO, its the right overfeeding that is challenging.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:00:01 am by KD »

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:54:56 am »
And what if you keep eating high fat low carb just get the calories slightly under maintenance and create calorie deficit each week??
It's fuzzy when it comes to low carb. With high carb it's much clearer what will happen (by high carb I mean around 150-200g/day carbs).
Try your low carb way for getting ripped with a more normal protein intake (1g/kg, not 1g/lb) and let us know whether your muscles stay same or start getting smaller.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:36:32 am by TylerDurden »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:59:08 am »
Getting ripped reminds me of a guy I knew years ago who was in the Olympics in rowing. He was built like a fat carrot. All muscles. He could do the iron cross on the rings.

He also spent a lot of time at the chiropractor's office having spinal issues resolved. Getting ripped is not always a good idea.
Cheers
Al

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 02:36:35 am »
What? you mean cutting your carbs, and upping your protein and fat? Or why would you cut fat?
Getting ripped = using up fat from adipose tissue. I'm not sure why is it so hard to see that if you cut fat from your food the body will start using fat from adipose tissue. Fat is essential for many things in the body so it has to use it.

Carbs can also be converted to fat in the body, when you eat more than your liver/muscles can store, so you just keep them moderate to prevent this. But they are more essential than fat when it comes to energy (especially because you'll run out of glycogen much faster than of stored fat), so it doesn't make sense to cut them instead of fat. Unless you're ketogenic and it's certain that you can live on ketones and don't need carbs. Which I don't really believe because ketogenic or not your blood sugar will normally be 90mg/dl, and that sugar in the blood has to come from somewhere.

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:54:59 am »
im going for the look of marin berkhan or tyler durden from fight club, i just want to maintain my muscle and reduce bodyfat to 7-8% range.
im probably about 12-13% right now

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:21 am »
im going for the look of marin berkhan or tyler durden from fight club, i just want to maintain my muscle and reduce bodyfat to 7-8% range.
im probably about 12-13% right now

If you are into Leangains approach than you probably should know that his system is all based on calories vs calories out and very heavy lifts.. he is a hedonistic person and eats whole fatty and calorie dense satisfying foods and is not eliminating shit from his diet.. now looking at your post "what foods to eliminate" "looking for tyler durden look" "just maintain my muscle" I guess you don't want lift heavy.. if you even read a little bit on martin berkhan blog you should know by now that he despites people like yourself. LOL.

Anyway the information you are looking for is in his blog.. everything you really need and even that article about "tyler durden look".. its a complete fagatory but i guess we all have our own dreams.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 04:19:47 am »

A lot has to do with diet. But also with what workouts your doing. For diet, I do good balance. A good amount of meat everyday. Just listen to your body. I avoid milk myself. but one can be pretty ripped with it. depends on how it makes you feel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk