Author Topic: How do you do this thing practically and get the deep healing?  (Read 10939 times)

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How do you do this thing practically and get the deep healing?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »
Wonderful!  I'd love to see pics sometime but your description is good...I'll just tinker around with what I have here, and see what I can come up with.  I don't like the idea of my meat sitting wrapped up in all that plastic either.
I will definitely give Mary a call and ask about the scraps for my dog, when I order tomorrow. :-)  Thanks for the suggestion!

and thank you eveheart!  Those pics really help!  Now I just have to find a rack-type thingy like that, that will fit in my fridge, cuz my fridge has those glass trays.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 02:51:29 am »
Thanks for the ideas!

I checked out the Bison and that is going to be very expensive indeed... especially adding on $21 for next day delivery which I would have to since I'm in Texas. Did you make a special kind of order Van for a special price with an entire body part to hang sent to you or something like that? I have gotten frozen bison from a local farmer and didn't like it at all - but maybe because it was frozen? Hubbie liked it fine though - so still an option
I also have glass shelves and too much other stuff in my fridge still. I betcha that hubbie could figure out something for it though when it's cleared out. I bet all it would take is some wood or metal poles cut to the right width to slide in the slots. But I don't think the meat it's going to be from that Bison company with the cost.

I think in the Spring I might just have to travel the distance to pick up my own meat at the processing plant a couple of hours away before it gets frozen. I'll just have to buy enough all at once and make something like Eve did. (Thanks Eve). But feeding the dogs by cutting pieces is too much work for my dogs with bad teeth. Ground is much better. Slankers is very easy and reasonably priced (comparatively) and the whole animal - including organs - which I think is also Very important.

I'm just now getting into the groove with Slankers feedings so in a few months I will be able to tell y'all if what AV said is true or not. If the skin conditions of my 3 dogs clears up on Slankers, then it will disprove what he claims. If it doesn't, then I will have to move to fresh foods for the dogs somehow too.

This should be an interesting experiment. I have the perfect three dogs to prove or disprove what he wrote.

My three chickens stopped laying this winter. Old, less light, cold. Spring will bring ducks and some more chickens and then I can think about giving better food. Chickens like slanker's too. I also grow them worms. I've thought of buying whole grains from the healthfood store and sprouting for their grain rations. Would you please explain in detail what your soaking system is Van? What seeds do you pick to feed them and how many chickens do you have? What do you use as your protein source for your chickens besides the seeds?

Thanks again!

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 03:40:15 am »
Dorothy, I would love to hear how that experiment turns out. I eat both fresh and frozen meats and as a newbie, I have only noticed differences in regards to taste.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk