Author Topic: Does color blindness suggest a hunter past?  (Read 21498 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Does color blindness suggest a hunter past?
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 10:15:22 am »
Yeah, it would be interesting to know if yellowish eyes changed upon eliminating grains and eating raw meat/fat/organs or stayed the same. In other words, are yellowish eyes always a sign of illness, or can they occur in healthy people, as the Wikipedia article seems to suggest?

One source I found said that yellow was only a bad sign if it's in the normally white area of the eyes, but OK in the iris. It was just a forum post, so I didn't save it.

Not sure.  My eye colors have changed numerous times, often in relation to diet.  I think eye color often has to do with health, but not sure if yellow irises go away, like I kind of doubt they turn blue.  They may not mean ill health when yellow.  Maybe they mean weakness in certain systems or combination of systems and/or propensities?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 10:36:16 am »
OK, keep us posted of any developments in that area please. I think something unusual like yellowish eyes and any changes or lack of changes therein in response to dietary changes might prove most instructive.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 11:17:11 am »
Check out iridology.  It's all about cleansing and the changing colors of the iris.  It must be awesome for people with light eyes to change their eye color.  I got too much melanin in mine to see any difference.  White chicks always seems to be fascinated with my dark eyes.  I think they're pretty bland, but how weird would I look with blue eyes though. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 11:30:46 am »
Check out iridology.  It's all about cleansing and the changing colors of the iris.  It must be awesome for people with light eyes to change their eye color.  I got too much melanin in mine to see any difference. 

Yours may likely turn to light brown, amber or dark blue after many years of cleansing.  If they can't, brown eyes are nice anyway.  It's just a physical color, but it seems to show certain character and strength. 

If they stay a near black color even after all the cleansing and building one can imagine, that's kind of a "cool" color for that.  Kapha constitution?  Either that or demon eyes (I'm kidding). 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 11:40:51 am »
I doubt it, I'm pretty much damned to be a demon. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 05:14:37 pm »
Check out iridology.  It's all about cleansing and the changing colors of the iris.  It must be awesome for people with light eyes to change their eye color.  I got too much melanin in mine to see any difference.  White chicks always seems to be fascinated with my dark eyes.  I think they're pretty bland, but how weird would I look with blue eyes though. 
It seems that nonwhites on primal diet etc. generally get amber-coloured eyes(ie yellowish-brown) but not lighter-coloured eyes like blue/green etc. The blue/green etc. eyes are a purely Caucasian phenomenon.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 08:18:47 pm »
It seems that nonwhites on primal diet etc. generally get amber-coloured eyes(ie yellowish-brown) but not lighter-coloured eyes like blue/green etc. The blue/green etc. eyes are a purely Caucasian phenomenon.
Do you mean that even African folks with dark black skin can get amber eyes by eating a primal diet?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »
Do you mean that even African folks with dark black skin can get amber eyes by eating a primal diet?
 That's what the PDers claimed. I remember an Asian-American woman being concerned with all this talk about a number of people getting lighter-coloured eyes as a result of the PD diet, and she was reassured that this was different for non-caucasians with the latter getting amber-coloured eyes(amber= yellowish-brown so isn't that far off). At any rate, I DO know that Caucasians get born with light-coloured eyes even if they get brown eyes later.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:38:06 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 06:28:50 am »
As far as eye color goes, I remember reading that blue eyes were only 6000 years old, and wikipedia says 6-10 thousand.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

I'm skeptical that colorblindness would make any difference in the amount of meat you ate, but it could be advantageous for the group to have some coloblind individuals.  But hey, I'm no scientist.

I'm partially colorblind, I grew up hunting in an area with gray-tan-red grass, and I never had any problems seeing animals.  I don't have much to compare it to, since most people I knew hunted less, and experience is probably the most important thing when trying to find and distinguish animals that aren't out in the open, moving, or silhouetted in some way.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 05:43:10 pm »
I find that difficult to believe since some monkey species have light-coloured eyes. In other words, it's highly unlikely to have arisen as a recent mutation and simply existed within apeman DNA for millions of years.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 10:27:45 am »
Eye color is indeed puzzling. Not as straightforward as color-blindness, it seems. I wonder if any scientists know that dark-brown African eyes can turn hazel? Everything I've read so far assumes they cannot change and when I mentioned it to a brown-skinned friend of mine she laughed and called it impossible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk