Author Topic: Which fruits are ideal to consume?  (Read 13063 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Which fruits are ideal to consume?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:22 am »
If you are consuming factory bananas, such as cavendish, you must know they are full of chemicals and herbicides and pesticides and everything they can pump into them.

even organic ones?

SVRN, how does lots of raw dairy prevent it? That is a new one to me... most people break out from dairy (also which exact dairy products do you consume??)

same question to SVRN

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 12:23:47 pm »
raw dairy prevents it because the more fat I eat and the less carbs I eat the better your skin will be. Too much carbs can cause acne to flare up for me among many other problems.

I only say dairy because its much easier to consume lots of fat in the form of raw dairy than raw animal fat. If I dont hav dairy I just dont eat nearly as much fat.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 12:24:46 pm »
even organic ones?

same question
-----------

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 11:36:31 am »
raw dairy prevents it because the more fat I eat and the less carbs I eat the better your skin will be. Too much carbs can cause acne to flare up for me among many other problems.

I only say dairy because its much easier to consume lots of fat in the form of raw dairy than raw animal fat. If I dont hav dairy I just dont eat nearly as much fat.

Interesting. What about coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, and pasteurized dairy fat?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 03:20:58 pm »
plant fats dont work well for me like animal fats.
any heated food will cause problems so no pasteurized dairy
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 11:07:17 pm »
Organic / wild bananas, tree ripened bananas are great.
These are what I hunt for.

Lots of fruit when in season are ideal to consume.  And there are all season fruits too.

Papaya, Pineapples, Durians, Dragon Fruit, Jack fruit, lemons, calamansi, Guava, rambutan, lanzones, duhat, etc.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:11:49 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:19 am »
Organic / wild bananas, tree ripened bananas are great.
These are what I hunt for.

Lots of fruit when in season are ideal to consume.  And there are all season fruits too.

Papaya, Pineapples, Durians, Dragon Fruit, Jack fruit, lemons, calamansi, Guava, rambutan, lanzones, duhat, etc.

I have tried googling the seasons of fruits, but always run across conflicting information

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:10 am »
plant fats dont work well for me like animal fats.
any heated food will cause problems so no pasteurized dairy

I gotta admit, animal fats such as beef tallow and suet are not appealing to me at all (my body seems to reject these). I seem to like lard though and Butter is something I could eat TONS of. I could probably finish 10-12 oz of butter in a day (my favorite seems to be goat butter). My body also seems to crave olive oil (now that I am consuming actual non-rancid olive oil).

When you say that plant fats don't work well for you... do you mean they cause you problems, or just are not as ideal as animal fats?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 11:04:16 am »
I have tried googling the seasons of fruits, but always run across conflicting information

GS is in the Philippines - his seasons and fruit availability are local to him.

Considering that there are early, middle, and late ripening varieties of many fruits, learn what's available when in your area, but be prepared to see a range of maturity dates.

If you get something out of season, it probably comes from another country, was picked very underripe, and warehoused for a while in cold rooms to delay maturity. Not ideal.

Down there in Diamond Bar, the weather is outstanding for many fruits. It's still strawberry season. Around this time, start looking for apricots, figs, avocados. After that, there should be boysenberries, peaches, cherries, pomegranates. Eventually, you'll see pears from Mendocino County, apples from Washington, and persimmons. Try smaller, local "ethnic" markets for "backyard produce" or farmers markets and see who is growing what  locally. Citrus is year 'round.

Here's another tip: if you know any church people with ties in Utah, find out if their church ladies group buys flats of fruit direct from Utah in large quantities - you can get in on the deal if you have that connection.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 11:09:21 am »
Eve, your post makes me miss the fruit of southern California. Cherimoya, white sapote, tree-ripe Fuerte and Bacon avocados, mangos, durian from Star 99 market, etc., etc.. ESPECIALLY the cherimoyas.   Sadly, I haven't been able to get cherimoyas here in VA this year, and they are kind of expensive to mail order. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 11:26:38 am »
Haas avocados for me! My neighbors here in San Jose have the best avocado I've ever tasted. It is not a commercial variety that I can readily identify. The backyard varieties of many fruits are worth finding. People with fruit trees sometimes stress over how to get rid of all their fruit. I forgot to mention loquats. My son and toddler-grandson post the greatest dad-and-me loquat-eating pics.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 12:07:34 am »
Cherimoya was the most delicious plant I have ever eaten and also the most expensive. Iv only seen it here in nyc once and it was absurdly expensive but I defenitly felt great after eating a couple.

perhaps cherimoyas are less artificially bred since they are so rare.

my main fruits are pineapple papaya cherries berries always organic.

-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 07:45:49 am »
Cherimoya was the most delicious plant I have ever eaten and also the most expensive. Iv only seen it here in nyc once and it was absurdly expensive but I defenitly felt great after eating a couple.

perhaps cherimoyas are less artificially bred since they are so rare.

my main fruits are pineapple papaya cherries berries always organic.

Cherimoya are higher in minerals than most fruits.  That's another reason I love them.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:00 am »
Aha! Thanks for that info, Cherimoya. That may help explain why I handle cherimoyas better than most fruits (for example, they don't seem to trigger my acne), as mineral deficiency seems to be one of the legacies I acquired from SAD, especially from gluten-foods. Luckily, it's been gradually getting better.

Oooo, I see that cherimoyas have some significant B vitamin content too. That's another nutrient area I suspect I need help with but have never gotten tested. Too bad cherimoyas are only occasionally sold at one local supermarket, though it helps keep me from overspending on them.

Cherimoyas are definitely one of my favorite foods, especially thoroughly bletted. I think I like them about equally to my other fruit fave--fresh wild Maine blueberries--but I bet if I lived in a tropical climate and could get cherimoyas that were tree-ripened in their native habitat I would like them even better.

I hear that the related and similar-looking soursop is also tasty. Have you tried that?

Just keep on trying different fruits to see which trigger the acne. If all do so, then try raw veg instead.
Sage advice. That's what helped me most, and the overall results didn't fit completely with any of the advice I'd seen. Most fruits trigger acne for me in even seemingly reasonable quantities, but not all (thank heavens  :D ), and I'd rarely or never seen recommendations re: some of the fruits/berries that worked best for me. Our human-Cherimoya and this forum and a raw vegan forum were helpful clues, as I might never have tried cherimoyas otherwise. I seem to be only one of a handful of people in this state who even know what cherimoyas are.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:19:38 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 09:39:00 am »

I hear that the related and similar-looking soursop is also tasty. Have you tried that?

In Costa Rica this is called guanabana, and it is generally too sour to be eaten out of hand.  According to wiki, there are varieties that are sweeter and can be eaten fresh/raw, but I'm not had any. 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 09:57:36 am »
Is the Costa Rican variety more sour than common lemons?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:23 am »
Is the Costa Rican variety more sour than common lemons?

No, but you won't find yourself able to eat more than a few bites. And they're generally large, like the size of  3 or 4 large cherimoyas.  They are generally used to flavor smoothies, ice cream, etc..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk