Author Topic: How important is coconut cream?  (Read 23366 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: How important is coconut cream?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 07:34:55 am »
Goodsamaritan, when I've coconut cream it comes out a little too thick to drink?  What's the filipino trick to making it thin enough to just drink really at all?  When I buy raw coconut cream, it's even thicker than mine, to the extent even difficult to scoop.
Commercial coconut cream and milk tends to have some type of thickener added to them, often not a Paleo ingredient (if any processed thickener can be thought of as Paleo at all). You're much better off making your own.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 07:57:17 am »
Rawzi, the thickness of coconut cream may be due to your ambient temperature and humidity.  In the Philippines it is always warm and humid.

Also, our coconuts are fresh everyday.  Never stocked.  When we crack open a mature coconut and it smells rancid we throw it away.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 04:35:10 am »
coconut cream is extremely cleansing/detoxing...i plan to do a coconut cream/milk detox instead of coconut oil... 2 tbls. of coconut oil equals about 6 tblsp. of coconut cream... 7 times 6 tblsp per day... plus lemonade
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 07:46:31 am »
are you saying this from experience or quoting someone else.  And if personal experience, what did you cleanse?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk