Author Topic: Kefir fermentation extra strength  (Read 2178 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Kefir fermentation extra strength
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:35:43 am »
Since kefir grains work by consuming the Sugars in milk and turning them into amino acids,vitamins,minerals,enzymes would adding sugar just as in water kefir add to the final kefir bacterial strength?? I'm not yet sure but this week I just threw some sugar into my kefir and today it turned out to be a sagacious decision because the Grains actually grew way larger in no time!! And the taste is so Sour if you won't be careful it can destroy your teeth emal!!!  As I drank it on an empty stomach it stimulated a bowel movement on the spot! Huge large poopie got right outa me like 15cm in length and 5cm in diameter (please bitch no homosexual) the stool was shiny and almost green smelled earthy too.. I googled and people have no idea the fuck would one add sugar but as it turns out the theory practice matches experience result this time and I'm fucking happy with that now why wouldn't I add white evil sugar to my next kefir fermentation?

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Re: Kefir fermentation extra strength
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:19 am »
Hey,

It seems that milk kefir grains prefer lactose, rather than just sugar. Explore the kefir wonderland: http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

zym.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk