Author Topic: Evidence that raw fats are good for humans?  (Read 17456 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Evidence that raw fats are good for humans?
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 01:00:22 pm »
at this point pemmican and tallow... these are the least interesting subjects to me. so far i never tried them and i don't know what  the future holds. when i was raw vegan, i took the extreme path also. i never used my dehydrators to make raw cookies or other stuffs. if i put the fire on my home, that will be only making some herbal teas.

i hear and also believe that raw fat is extremely good for glands. the raw fat is the main fuel of energy in lex's diet and also in my toddler's diet. raw fat plays significant role of increasing mitochondria counts  in our cells. i just wonder that is there any way we can count our mitochondria?

if we intake raw fat, body doesn't make any extra cholesterol in the body...
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2010, 09:54:36 am »
I've moved beyond the endless vitriolic pemmican arguments because I've been making only raw (below 40C) pemmican (as well as unmixed raw jerky and raw melted suet). I still think it's less optimal than Lex's mix of ground raw meat and suet, if for no other reason than much of the connective tissue is discarded, and I think that connective tissue likely has some health benefit (though I wonder about the connective tissue in grain-fed meats, which is more plentiful than in grassfed and which therefore suggests to me that this is unnatural and it may contain some unhealthful ingredients or just be more than a body needs, but this is speculation at this point). I doubt that even pemmican heated at higher temps is nearly as bad as Tyler makes it out to be, but I don't eat pemmican because I think it's just as healthy as raw meat and suet or for preservation purposes. I eat raw pemmican, raw jerky and raw "tallow" because it appears to be almost as healthy as raw ground meat and suet and it helps me keep my weight up (Lex and other ZCers lost substantial weight early on in their experiments, which I could not afford, as I was already underweight to start with), is tasty, convenient, portable, easily and quickly consumed, easy for me to digest (others haven't been so lucky with higher-heated pemmican, so beware), and socially more acceptable than raw meat and fat that has only been ground. It works for me, but it's not for everyone.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

William

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2010, 06:31:42 pm »
I guess that the connective tissue so plentiful in the ground beef I get is why I have trouble with it. Same for the crunchy bits filtered out of tallow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk