Author Topic: Neanderthals sailed to Crete long before modern humans  (Read 1110 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Neanderthals sailed to Crete long before modern humans
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:45:46 am »
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305440312000441

More evidence that Neanderthals were likely more intelligent than modern humans.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Neanderthals sailed to Crete long before modern humans
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 12:51:38 pm »
Not smart enough to be raw foodists, or to out-compete modern humans.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Neanderthals sailed to Crete long before modern humans
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:56:50 pm »
Not smart enough to be raw foodists, or to out-compete modern humans.
Well, I suspect they must have been partially raw like the Inuit. Also, greater intelligence does NOT necessarily imply a greater chance of survival. I only have to look at family and acquaintances around me to see this. The really intelligent people I know virtually all have no children, with a very few having at most two, if that. The stupid relatives and acquaintances I know  commonly have 2 or 3 children per couple. In the case of the Neanderthals, they lived in  much harsher climates than early modern humans, which was another factor in their demise. One other possibility mentioned by archaeologists is that the arrival of early modern humans caused mass epidemics among the Neanderthals which wiped them out, and no amount of intelligence at that time could solve that problem.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk