Author Topic: My wife got a tummy ache, loose bowel movement, etc from Christmas dinner  (Read 3915 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
My wife is all knocked out today.
She woke up with an upset tummy, diarrhea, pooped her guts out.
She says it must have been something she had christmas dinner.
Probably a combination of raw salmon, raw tuna, raw blue marlin and some cooked beef prime rib.

She theorizes that it must be the blue marlin.  Said it smelled of something.  I said I also ate the blue marlin and it was fine.  I said maybe blue marlin doesn't agree with you because the last time you ate blue marlin you had diarrhea too.  I asked maybe it was the salmon because I didn't get to taste any, her other sisters ate salmon and are fine this morning.

I've noticed that my wife gets these upset tummy aches she says when she eats rare beef... and maybe this time some raw blue marlin. Although she's fine eating raw fertilized duck eggs.

Question for you guys is this mismatching flora, adjustment time, detox time for someone not used to eating raw to eating raw? 

Her formula for getting herself well was to ask me to buy her Gatorade and ripe latundan bananas (high potassium to stop diarrhea).

I'm trying to have my wife eat more raw meat, but these kinds of show stoppers are not encouraging for her.  Any suggestions or analysis?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 11:11:22 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My wife got a tummy ache, loose bowel movement, etc from Christmas dinner
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 11:42:09 am »
GS,, I think the advice I'm writing here, you gave to someone previously.  that is, that your wife may want to eat one type of protein by itself.  Also you might share with her what she chooses, might help relieve some of the anxiety. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »
Look, some raw foods affect every individual differently. That's inevitable, even on raw. For example, I cannot handle the taste of any "high-meat" other than tongue or heart "high-meat". If I eat raw liver more often than a small amount once a fortnight , I quickly get the runs as my body refuses to absorb the liver's nutrients, after a while - same goes for raw sprats for some reason. So, she should determine what foods cause her those problems and avoid them as much as possible.

When I first started rawpalaeo, I would occasionally have digestive issues(too little stomach-acid being produced etc.) and I solved them by simply eating only 1 food at a time(no extra spices added).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 12:56:43 am »
I seem to get the runs from too much liver also, and from nothing else. So there seem to be some common tendencies with variation between individuals. Van's advice sounds good.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk