Author Topic: Student News Article Attacks Raw Food and Paleo "Fad" Diets  (Read 3439 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Student News Article Attacks Raw Food and Paleo "Fad" Diets
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:12:18 am »
http://queensjournal.ca/story/2012-01-13/postscript/fad-dieters-face-drawbacks/

The interesting thing about this uninformed hit piece in a minor section of a Canadian student newspaper is that it's the closest thing I've seen to a news article about raw Paleo and it shows that more people are becoming aware of raw and Paleo diets.

The author complained about the restrictiveness of the raw diet and only lasted two days on it and then we learn why--SHE restricted it more than necessary or wise herself: "Wishing to preserve my health and avoid salmonella and other food borne diseases, I stayed away from raw meat and adhered to the raw vegan model."  l) ;D
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Student News Article Attacks Raw Food and Paleo "Fad" Diets
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:03:13 am »
This woman is clearly psychotic, and has done zero research on the subject. 

Whatever the case,  all controversial topics, including this odious anti-raw diatribe should always be moved to the Hot Topics forum. *Moved there now*

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:15:52 am »
Sorry, thanks for moving it.

This student definitely didn't do her homework, but I'm curious why you say psychotic?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:58 am »
We had a Japanese friend come over yesterday and I was showing my website www.curemanual.com and our forum www.rawpaleodietforum.com and I got zero reaction from her that I recommended eating raw paleo diet.

She's Japanese so sashimi everything isn't so strange.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 11:50:05 am »
Sorry, thanks for moving it.

This student definitely didn't do her homework, but I'm curious why you say psychotic?
Here I go again, using a more extreme word than I actually mean.

What I meant was that she was so closed-minded that she was in effect delusional, in a sense. I recall Wrangham behaving similiarly when he laughably claimed  that it would take ancient hominids (and, by implication, raw foodists) 5.7 to 6.2 hours to chew enough raw animal foods in order to get enough calories in a day, thus demonstrating that he had never even bothered to talk to raw foodists. The above writer has absolutely failed to get even the slightest rawist viewpoint into the article,  has failed to even mention the issue of heat-created toxins in cooked foods such as advanced glycation end products and basically just blindly parrots the dietician's views  as though she were relating God's words, without even experimenting with raw meats at all. That's not just a case of poor research, it's the result of brainwashing by society.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Devin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:56:45 am »
Only having one reference makes for a poorly written article.  She should have interviewed someone that is a proponent of RPD to oppose McMillan's viewpoint....would have made for a more interesting and useful article.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk