Author Topic: Bean Sprouts  (Read 6583 times)

Offline LakeWorth33460

• Forager
    • View Profile
Bean Sprouts
« on: August 03, 2009, 02:09:12 am »
I am a Newbie to this site and the RAF life style. I do not have an issue with most changes. Have been vegetarian but find, that I need some meat in my diet. I gave up grains several years ago, but will miss my raw goats yogurt. Otherwise I am fine, except with bean sprouts. I have enjoyed my sprouts from beans and lentils and have a very hard time to give them up. Would it make a big difference in the adherence to the RAF if I continue eating sprouts? I need some help here and am counting on your input.

Thank you
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Bean Sprouts
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:45:46 am »
Take it slow.  Listen to your body.  If your body likes sprouts now in your current diet, then it likes sprouts.  Change will come.  Hopefully always better changes.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LakeWorth33460

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:56:13 am »
You make me feel a lot better about it. Had my first raw meat today. Marinated yesterday a steak, cut into thin strips, (organic of course) in lime juice. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!! It was not hard to chew at all. My first all raw day.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:17:11 am »
Congratulations

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 06:37:16 pm »
Don't worry re eating sprouts(not cooked, I hope). I used to go in for growing raw sprouts in the early days of my going RVAF. I gave up because it was too much work and I never felt the need for it, really. Plus, I ate so much watercress etc. that I just got sick of it all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »
I think some sprout are fine if your healthy just make raw red meat and fat the bulk of your diet (80%?) and the yogurts fine too. Don't sweat the details too much!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:42:01 am »
...and keep in mind that everyone's experience is not the same. I improved significantly when I went from around 10% carbs down to 1%, so 80% raw meat & fat was not quite sufficient for me.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk