Author Topic: Bananas  (Read 37572 times)

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Bananas
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »
Why did you stop it after a year if it was so wonderful?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:52 pm »
OK, but do we ban discussion of things? Or just mention the bad points?

Unless he's promoting 8 1 1 in every thread, then talk about banning, but he actually said it was crap except for athletes.

I don't necessarily believe that, but I don't think he has crossed any line by talking about it I have to say.

When you've had to ban DurianRider's 10th or 20th trollername, this kind of stuff makes you lose patience fast. I may be a little harsh, but that diet just has no credibility.  It doesn't deserve the amount of discussion it has gotten on this forum. 

I am trying to stop the discussion of it now, before it just snowballs like it has in the past.  I'm tired of people talking about it like it's a valid choice.  It's like having to argue about the health benefits of heavily-cooked meat again and again.  What a giant waste of my time.

Offline youngeg18

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 12:41:57 am »
Updated project page:
http://ebony.projects.telrock.org

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2018, 11:31:06 am »
Oh no, not when they are really ripe and overripe. Ripe when their skin starts to have black spot, and overripe when it gets completely black and soft all over. One of the most delicious and nourishing fruit!

Iguana, are the plantains in the markets of Europe are of good enough quality to be eaten?

How long do they take to be ripen or over ripen? And do they go bad during this process and should be thrown away?

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2018, 11:53:33 pm »
I absolutely love ripe/overripe plantain, in Tanzania I've tasted the tastiest plantains ever, they were for sale in many places on the outdoor markets. In Europe you can sometimes find them in Asia/thai shops, usually too unripe, but if you're lucky, you might find a few that are yellow and black.
I also remember in Kenya and Zanzibar (a place I actually didn't like, the only thing that was nice was it's bananas lol) I had som really nice bananas, they had "white" (actually pale yellow flesh), "yellow" and "orange" bananas (yellow orange flesh).
The bananas here in Europe I can't stand any more, boring.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk