Author Topic: Twelve Tribes Of Israel  (Read 12027 times)

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Twelve Tribes Of Israel
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 05:12:01 am »
That's right.
 ;)
I know. :)  I am always right.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:29 am »
Doesn't sound so bad actually unless you're materialistic and don't trust people.  I think I would rather give my money to this group than the government.

haha...  true that...     ;D
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:55 am »
Doesn't sound so bad actually unless you're materialistic and don't trust people.  I think I would rather give my money to this group than the government. 
At least with these people you might get to enjoy the money. :)
Cheers
Al

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »
doubtful, I know one of the kids who is my good friends brother was really hustling for tips at the café so he could afford water colors. 

it might be a bit different in Canada.  i certainly wouldn't want anyone i cared for getting caught up in the tribe down here in the states though.  there are so many more beneficial and non judgemental ways to participate in a community.  i still think  you should check out sunrise ranch in Colorado, perhaps they have a similar/partner type community in Canada.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »
I do not think it is strictly necessary  to set up a "raw paleo community" where every member eat the same thing.
It is very hard because people have different needs and likes and dislikes..
Better to gather smart and open minded individuals who are into experimenting and not judging.

This also is hard to find  l) but I think it is important to try and stay dogmas free (politics, religion, spiritual, diet and so on..)

I cannot imagine TT being open to raw meat eating.
I bet they would say it comes from the devil.. >D

Raw al, did you already discuss with them about this?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 08:52:16 pm »
it was hard to get a grasp of what they thought of my eating habits, I did buy meat and mackerel from them and let them know I ate it raw.   if they did disapprove it was very subtle and am sure they would be biting their tongues to keep the business.  I don't think they thing its unholy, I am sure they just believe, like most Christians, that eden is all about where things don't die and everything is nice and soft and pure and people can be healthful and not have exchanges of energy with animals, because that is savagery to a certain extent.

they were all very interested in health, but seems to go about the way vegans and vegetarians go about it, with wheatgrass shots, their mate and lots of fruit and bread consumption, they run many artisan bakeries in the states that produce all kinds of grain concoctions, and I know they don't produce their own grains.

in my hometown they run a café and small "community foods" store where they sell off brand or out of date organic boxed, canned, frozen and bulk foods, like granolas, cerials, chips, crackers, beans, dressings and condiments, dried fruits, dairy(not raw) frozen meals, lots of weird soy stuff, and weird off brand organic stuff.  they also sell a lot of organic and some conventional produce, whatever is overstocked by the larger distributers that sell to organic co-ops and larger chain natural food stores.

every once in a while something like grapefruits would be from a farm they owned somewhere in the states.  I have heard the properites are amazing but cant help to think they are marred by the same cruel hierarchy that reigns at the community in my hometown.

that is why I really appreciate the sunrise ranch model and would much rather support a community like that.  they don't sell any packaged food, they sell grass fed meat, pastured eggs, fermented food, courses in nutritional healing, health, all kinds of benevolent spiritual help, they produce their own power, pasture, produce, ascribe to something similar to nourishing traditions type food with lots of emphasis on individual sensitivities diet wise and other wise.  you are supported by a community in a way that makes you the most beneficalas an individual.  you don't have to change your hair, or clothes or adopt a new name.  you don't have to have identical beliefs
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:04:24 pm by jessica »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 09:05:40 pm »
you just have to contribute with your own skills or on your own time, everyone is intelligent, self motivated and working towards similar or complimentary goals, but definitely not working out of guilt or to be saved in the event of some catastrophic coming back of god.....

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »
@ Jessica.. that sounds so nice what you write. That kind of community I could even consider to join. Nice. No changing of clothes or hair. My dad yesterday commented on my skirt, how ugly short it was.. looking like a thunderstorm in he's face. And hey, I am almost 40 yo. I use this skirt only at home when working in the yard. Not allowed to use shorts here, they are man's clothes. How on earth can you get sun on your legs?   :o

@ Aura, I bet they tell you are occupied with bad spirits if you eat raw bloody meat. That is what my brother says to me that I am. I am not even allowed to visit he's home because I eat raw meat. I could not care less..lol They say I am worshiping the sun too. Totally from the devil. Looks like sun and devil are tied together.. haha.. they are so weird.  ;D

When I have slept well and had great foods and tanked energy from the nature I do not care one bit about their weirdness! It just is too crazy, really. They are angry they cannot break me down. But they will never be able to, ha. I am just kind to them all the time.. and they have no power over me.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 03:28:02 am »
in my experience any form of commune always goes sour no matter how well it starts in the beginning.

The only way a commune can work is in a tribal scenario where everyone in the commune is related by blood.

and yes inger if you follow the bible you cannot drink blood, some even say you have to cook your meat completely for it to be kosher, no red. THis is my main indicator that this is a false religion. How could god want me to not drink blood and cook my completely through?

What kind of a sick god wants me to live in disease?

and also no shellfish? What kind of sick god would keep the most nutrient dense food on the planet away from me?

I know the true god wants me to be as healthy and strong as possible and the judeochristian dietary laws would definitly hold me back.

...although I do agree with a very great portion of the way of life espoused by these religions. I guess I like to pick and choose from different philosophies.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 11:53:39 am »
I don't think there is a single group of christian or jewish sect that gets those laws correct. All of the scripture I have read concerning "do not eat the blood." and "do not eat the fat" or "do not eat the organs" is NOT condemning the consumption of them. It is condemning removing them from the sacrifice. The scriptures are all in the context of God giving the "rules" or procedure of sacrifice. If God wants a sacrifice, he wants the BEST, otherwise it's not a sacrifice. If I were going to give another person a gift to show how great I feel towards them, and get them a crappy $10 J.C. Penny bracelet, what am I really giving up? Now an expensive Tiffany's diamond bracelet requires a lot more sacrifice and shows more devotion.

Understanding that all cultural context was naturally assumed by the reader of the scriptures, there is no need to say, "do not do this BECAUSE X." It is simply assumed the reader knows his own culture. So when the bible says "do not eat the fat" it is really saying, "DONT YOU DARE CHEAT ME OUT OF THAT DELICIOUS FAT THAT I KNOW YOU ARE TEMPTED TO EAT YOU SELFISH BRAT!!" or more subtly "make sure the fat is in the sacrifice also"

On another related note: during the sacrifice it is procedure that the fire "consumes" it entirely. The Hebrew's very likely viewed the sacrifice as LITERALLY being given to God through flame, and by putting their food in flame it lost what was good about it. This is relative only to the early generations that practiced sacrifice, and I think they may have eaten raw or mostly raw meat. Of course they cooked because the way grains are talked about from the early writings, but I think it was understood the raw or mostly raw meat was better.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 12:19:57 pm »
im not sure about this. Can you point me to any rabbi or priest who says god allows blood drinking?

Funny how the jews say you cant drink blood but when the mohel bites off the babies foreskin and sucks down the blood they have no problem with that...
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 01:44:32 pm »
I cannot point you to any priest (catholic) or Rabbi (kosher Jew) who will adhere to blood drinking as both are against their basic doctrines in a religious aspect. You have to understand I have spent a lot of time on church history and understanding the culture that goes along with Christianity, and it is quite universal that the "organized religion" aspect of Judaism and Christianity are failing miserably at representing both God AND the Bible. I went to a bible college and learned from guys with PhD's in theology and yet I took the procedure they used and they will even admit to how incorrect the "church" or "organized" aspect of religion is.

Religion does not equal scripture. Scripture is the writings themselves. Religion tries to make an explanation of them and advise people on how to live. I disagree with religion. I tend to agree with most of scripture and if there is something awful about it, either I need to change or it can be discarded as scripture is not only a communication from God (IMO) but also an account of history. If the bible says 100 people were murdered it doesn't necessarily mean it's advocating for it. It is simply an account of history.

There was one man I found that talks about this yet I am having trouble finding him right now. He mentioned how in Deuteronomy "do no eat the fat" was only during the sacrifice because it was the most highly regarded part of the animal and the fat was always consumed first.

Again, the religion will almost unanimously speak against it. However, the actual scriptures themselves both speak of and (culturally) imply something different altogether. I'm a little tired so tomorrow I'll gather some of the scriptures and share... if you're interested. Maybe I can find the site that lays them all out too...
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 01:55:21 am »
Deuteronomy 12
Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. 16 But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 02:26:52 am »
This is the problem with exegesis. As I said before there is a cultural context to understand and within that culture they have a literary aspect to writing. Short of writing a book, I'll explain a little bit of an issue that is going on here:

Deuteronomy is a "re-writing" of the commands given by God in Exodus. Often when one is quoting Deuteronomy, they are trying to find very "strict" rules to show how mean God really is. This is not the case. In Exodus, the Israelites are freed from slavery in Egypt by God. He then enters into covenant with them and says to be in covenant they must follow these statutes. These statues are NOT a means of worship themselves but rather given by God as the easiest and most effective way of convening with God. God gives them a way to be in relationship with Him. Now whether or not you agree with and apply that in your own spiritual life is irrelevant, we are talking about the literature here and what the literature says. The literature says these rules are the most effective way of worshiping God.

Now the reason this is important is because God has called Israel to be holy, or more literally separated, or even more understandably so for our time, different. God wants Israel NOT to be like everyone else. An issue occurring at the time was the cult aspect of blood drinking and simply the counter move to that was to not drink blood. Keep in mind the bible has a lot to do with property and territories and who belongs to who. Israel, while in the presence of a Holy God, was not to be associated with what we could call modern day terrorists. Again, not all of the bible is prescribing, it is some account of history.   

8 “You shall not do according to all that we are doing here today, everyone doing whatever is right in his own eyes, 9 for you have not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance that the Lord your God is giving you. 10 But when you go over the Jordan and live in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to inherit, and when he gives you rest from all your enemies around, so that you live in safety,

Land based issues here. God is talking about safety and to engage in blood drinking it may be seen as ritualistic and they may get a bit of trouble.

I'm gonna stop there hoping I've made a general clearance to it. Now here's a bit more to be thrown at you concerning the bible and blood drinking.

Blood is seen as the "life." When God was coming through Egypt and taking souls and plagues and all sorts of crazy shit, those that put blood on their doors were protected. They were given life. The new testament talks about Jesus' blood being the thing that saves us, and nothing else. In fact, Christ himself says at the last supper: in John 6:54

54 he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life

Being literal? Are we supposed to be cannibals to live eternally with God? No, it is just showing the perspective they held blood in and how Jesus turned their world upside down from what they thought they knew about scripture and worshiping God.

I still see no issue with drinking blood as a food. I think God would disapprove if you used the blood to worship evil spirits/demons/beings and have them cause others hurt through your ritual. As a means of sustenance, I think the God of the bible has no issue.

On that note, the God of the bible probably cares less about diet than we would expect him to, but it's important to us and who knows if it is that important for an afterlife. I personally feel more spiritual eating healthy, natural, non-agricultural foods. Maybe that's why the religious aspect of religion was so perverse and twisted: grain consumption caused unnatural desires.

I'm not saying the bible represents a perfect picture of God since I think man did have some influence on it, being all agriculturalized at the time. They promote grain and property (including people/wives/slaves(workers)) and have a poor balance for natural human desires, like promiscuity or sharing (little children always share until their parents tell them not to give everything away, with limited access comes greed) or even tasting everything like babies do to understand their world.
-Dustin

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2013, 01:45:34 am »
I understand where your coming from but I dont agree.
If that was my religion I would definitly not drink blood because thats what the book says. I would believe that it is meant to be taken literally 100%.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 02:47:32 am »
I understand your point too. Though in my years of study I've found it was meant to be taken more culturally than literally.

Taking the Bible 100% literally is like taking Dr. Seuss literally, it just wasn't written for that intention.
-Dustin

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 01:22:40 pm »
i dont believe god would write something that wasnt meant to be taken literally.

im not sure if god would write anything period,
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk